Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

The air-cooled retro CB1100 will finally be reaching UK shores. The fuel-injected 1140cc DOHC inline four boasts 87bhp, tips the scales at 247kg, and the vertically challenged will appreciate the 775mm seat height. It may be retro, but it also sports Honda's Combined ABS braking system. There's still no word on a production CB1100R, sadly. Honda has also announced updates to some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Me likee!

The air-cooled retro CB1100 is verrryyyy nice. Still wouldn't make me part with my uber lush T100 though.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

By comparison,

a Harley-Davidson XR1200 has only 70HP at the crank and is 265kg wet.

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

Agree with Supermario........

The CB1100R is the bollocks and they can stick this version back in the shed.With all the competion in retro's and sudo retro's i can't see them selling many plus it's direct competition for their own CB1300S ,which is a far better bike.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha

I was thinking they could stick it somewhere else, but the shed'll do for now!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

And I used to think that the XJR1300 I had nearly 10 years ago was heavy at 228kg! And this is supposed to be progress????

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Xjr1300...

...weighs 245kg wet. Still, I wonder why the air cooled smaller engined Honda is 2kg heavier.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

zrx 1200 daeg

It's a shame they haven't brought the new zrx to anywhere other than japan, gorgeous retro but has decent power, and not a crazy amount of weight. Riding a bike that heavy every day gets to you

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Must be getting old and pharty, 'cos I rather like the basic look of the 1100. It would look better with a 4 into 2 exhaust, but I'm sure the aftermarket peeps will get on the case fairly quickly and assist with styling and performance tweaks. Sorry if I missed it, but what's the likely price? I really fancy a change and this may fit the bill. Having said that, an original CB 1100 R would look good underneath my tush, and a Z1, an H2, a Jota, Le Mans, Cali.......phuqqit, I hate being poor!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

evilamnesiac!!

You maybe right, but is the figure for the Honda wet or dry, it doesn't say? I'm willing to bet dry! They have lost the plot when it comes to weight, look at the Deauville, VFR1200 etc. No effort made to lighten them. We're not all built like He Man!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

If we're comparing lard

A Suzuki Bandit 650SA weighs a quarter of a ton wet.

Yes, it's underpowered and over weight, and likely over priced too, but the target market will be blokes who couldn't afford a bike like that in the 1980s but have paid off the mortgages and can now relive their youth.  It'll be bought by the heart, not the head.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle