Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

The air-cooled retro CB1100 will finally be reaching UK shores. The fuel-injected 1140cc DOHC inline four boasts 87bhp, tips the scales at 247kg, and the vertically challenged will appreciate the 775mm seat height. It may be retro, but it also sports Honda's Combined ABS braking system. There's still no word on a production CB1100R, sadly. Honda has also announced updates to some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Steve

All the weights Honda give are wet :) still, from the looks of it I thought I'd would be lighter than the car, but this style of bike isn't bought on specs, like rodgerborg said, heart not head

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

evilamnesiac 2!!!

Well, thats fair enough but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me it looks like one of those nasty grey imports brought over here in the 80's. I'm sure Honda could do a lot better if they tried because I like this style of bike.

Reply to this Topic
s10hornet

Oct 12

s10hornet says:

cb1100

The target for this bike is not the performance bike rider.  As a former motorcycle salesman I can't tell you how many over 40 customers were lusting for this bike when it was first introduced as a new model back in 07/08.

It is a reminder of the days when motorcyles were alot less complicated and simpler in design.  Many of you are too young to remember how insane the CB750 was back in the early 70's.  It was the catalyst for almost everything being built today.  And by the way is weighed 240KG dry.

Honda could have made it lighter, more powerful, etc. but not everyone cares about all that.  If your thing is maximum performance this isn't the bike for you.  If you just want to ride and remember the good old days, the CB1100 is probably exactly what you're looking for.  I'm betting Honda hit the nail on the head.

In the meantime,  I want the R model !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Buy a proper classic.

If people want a classic or a decent retro, there is plenty to choose from at 1/2 the money of that Orrible Onda. A classic bike WILL be simple and cost chips money to insure under a classic bike policy. That new Onda isnt simple its got all the same pointless electrickery that people don't want or need and I bet the fuel consumption is shite. That bike is worse than the junk Onda spewed out in the 70s. It is even less relevant now. I bet Onda will sell 12 of them in a year?

As for the Durr-vile ????!!!!  Heavier than a Hayabusa and only 60 bhp? Yeah that works.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Whatever...

@ HOSBUSA - Yep, “proper classic” motorcycles are just fine if you don’t care about reliability and are will to put up with iffy brakes and handling.

As for the Honda Dullsville, it plain works for getting places with your stuff without beating you up along the way – seems like the bike does exactly what it was designed to do. And despite the under-damped fork and over-damped shock, it will actually get around a SuperMoto track (paved portion) with decent speed, as long as the rider is not ham-handed (been there, done that). And “60 bhp” – are you splitting the difference between at the crank (65-hp) and rear wheel (~55-hp)?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Going by train would be less dull than ridng a Durr Vile. It would get me there quicker too.

Owned and rebuilt a lot of classics have you?

This CB1100 tub will not handle any better than a classic seeing the tubular steel frame, skinny RWU forks and weedy chrome twin shocks. By the time its oiled and fuelled it will wiegh about 280 kilos? Plus a  rider and that will not handle trust me !! So what are you left with ? an overwieght tub of lard with very little power.

Triumph have some beautiful new bikes if anyone wants to go retro?

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Dullvilles are good.

piglets right, they do exactly what they set out to do, forever. Hosbusa could do with reading the threads he's commenting on, 247kg is the wet weight, the bonneville makes 20bhp less than this "overweight tub of lard with very little power" so why recommend it? as for the rest of your tirade of self aggrandising tosh, you're full of it fella. if people like the look of old British bikes but don't have the interest in keeping an old bike running, get the bonneville, if they yearned for a CB750 in the 70's get the Honda, both make enough power and will handle fine. By Hosbusa logic it should have USD forks, radial calipers, a monoshock, aluminium frame... erm... buy a fireblade if thats what you want.

Reply to this Topic
crash2009

Feb 11

crash2009 says:

abs

mcn says the 1100cb has abs but i dont see a wheel sppeed sensors either of the discs but for a abs system to work there must be a wheel speed sensoron bothe front and rear. or is that just the prototype/concept picture?

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

haha

hosbusa, what a dick

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

crash..

its the concept bike. the production has the ABS rings in the picture :)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices