Skip to content

Ask an Expert Advice and opinions required....Where to go? Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Advice and opinions required....Where to go?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Omnico

Oct 12

Omnico says:

Advice and opinions required....Where to go?

Hi Folks,
I was wondering if you could help me out with a few ideas regarding a trip i've been "nominated" to organize. The trip is for around May next year and there are twelve of us (middle aged and counting! ). We intend to leave Hull by overnight ferry for either Zeebrugge or Rotterdam and spend one night in Europe. Obviously there are restrictions due to the time allowed but it is basically a long weekend, so range is important. Holland Belgium and France are the likely suspects but i am open to ideas. A night time destination is required that will take twelve of us and various points of interests to and from the ferry. Our interests are motor sports and Military to name a few.
Do you have any lists or references that contain "good ride outs" in these areas. Good roads are important, we don't do Toll roads and will keep motorways to a minimum.
In the past you have featured excellent articles in your publication regarding trips abroad, so is there any way i can access these for ideas.
I am a newbie to all this and although i've done solo trips, group travel and teamwork ride outs are foreign to me. (please excuse the pun! )
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards..........

Joe Taylor.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 15:21)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sarahm919

Apr 12

sarahm919 says:

weekend rides

I would ride further south and catch the dover ferry, around £30 return compared to approx £330 for hull, and explore Normandy, you will then be near La Sarthe and have the D Day Beaches nearby

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle