Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed

Suzuki has unveiled the V-Strom 1000 concept today, the near production ready bike is still being called a concept but looks like it could go into production within a year. Suzuki has officially confirmed the bike will be in production in 2014.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 17:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

The VK

was always the best strom according to people who have ridden it. I'm undecided on the look though...

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

Wiered all I see as one pipe header, is this could be a single Dr big again.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

one header

of course you can only see one header pipe, it's a vtwin the other one will be at the back lol

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

like it

looks more chuckable than the gs and explorer,looks worth a test ride when it comes out

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

MCN won't apprectiate this but there are much better official type pics from multiple angles available elsewhere on the web and I actually think it looks pretty cool personally. Although there's no denying this pic makes it look like a right rotter.

As for the 1000cc engine size, the reason they're using it is classic Suzuki, basically they already have it lying around so lets use it in something. I've owned 4 Suzuki's and lusted after many others but they are always raiding the parts bin to come up with "new" models which are usually just comprimised oppotunistic parts bin specials in order to dip a toe in some new niche market or like in this case they are actually arriving late on the scene and so aren't really having a fully committed go at it. They also rarely fully commit with decent spec parts unless it's a sports bike generally speaking IMO.

Having said all that the engine's a peach and I'm pretty sure a 1000cc is more than enough, there's absolutely no reason why you woud NEED anything larger on this type of bike. You might want it but you don't need it. It's no more than a trendy pissing contest as bikes get bigger but also heavier. There's only so much power and torque you need or can use especially on a supposed all terrain adventure bike.

My only real concern as I have already eluded to is that the production bike in typical Suzuki style will have any quality parts taken off it before it goes in to production which will instead be replaced with budget items so equipment like inverted forks, radial brakes and good quality suspension etc may well go out the window.

Hope I'm wrong though for what it's worth, could be a cracker, especially if they keep the weight and price down. I also hope they do another SV1000 variant too.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Bloody hell.............

.................that bike looks DREADFUL. 

Reply to this Topic
joeguvnor

May 09

joeguvnor says:

BEAK

What's going on:wacko:? everybody wants a "beak" !!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Of course you don't NEED more than a litre, RageRider

But if you want a tarmac tourer, then you'll get a 1200cc+ tank, and if you have any actual intention to go offroad, ever, and the wit you were born with, you'll get a KTM.

Suzuki aren't even in the top 10 UK sellers any more, they're hardly placed to carve out a new market segment or compete on anything other than price.

It's a fuck ugly bike that's neither fish nor fowl, and given the way they've been cutting their own throat with their eternal "sales" they might as well market it as "V-Strom 1000 - the best adventure bike that the likes of you can afford".

Reply to this Topic
orkney_rob

Jul 08

orkney_rob says:

I quite like it myself - looking at the other photographs on the web. 1000cc is fine with me, there is plenty of power available there for this type of machine. Never had a Suzuki but I could see one of these being in my garage as a cheaper tourer option (assuming that Suzuki stick at the more value orientated end of the market).

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

@rogerborg.....er?

Not quite sure while you feel the need to get all worked up and drop in the "likes of me" comments of  which you actually know nothing about. I don't actually own an adventure bike or want one, never have but it will supposedly be £11,000 so for that money the likes of me could buy pretty much any bike I like don't you think?

If you bothered to read my post properly you see I'm hardly singing it or Suzuki's praises I just said in my opinion I've seen other pics that make it look ok and Suzuki tend to bodge out half hearted efforts to get bikes in to popular market sectors, case in point. It's just my view.

Remember your opinion is just that, an opinion. It's worth no more or less than mine but everyone's entitled to their own without being insulted by the likes of you.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices