Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept revealed

Suzuki has unveiled the V-Strom 1000 concept today, the near production ready bike is still being called a concept but looks like it could go into production within a year. Suzuki has officially confirmed the bike will be in production in 2014.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 17:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

the beak....

is a penis thing I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Stevie Wonder will like it. Jeez, it's copped a battering from the ugly bat!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Daffy Duck

I like the idea but it falls short on the styling front. Not keen on that beak thing.

I really wish Suzuki would concentrate on creating an SV1200. A useable everday v-twin based on the SV1000 that you can have some fun on, commute on, have a blast on, carry a bit of luggage and the occasional passenger.

The old SV was "almost" brilliant . It was light with a low seat height and reasonably comfortable but let down by less than perfect suspension, adequate though not outstanding brakes and a bit of a short tank range and usual Suzuki rusty parts after a bit of UK rain. Just address the issues and come up with something perfect to rival Ducati at a fraction of the cost.

The Suzuki parts bin must be littered with GSXR suspension components and brake parts. How hard can it be for a Japanese producer of motorcycles to come up with something that is cheaper than the Italians and rideable everyday in all sorts of situations? An SV1200S!

The V-Strom 1000 doesn't do it for me.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

@kl595

Agree on the SV1000/1200 front. You're also right on the SV nearly being brilliant. It had flaws as most bikes do but Suzuki just didn't tackle the issues and instead stopped making it because it didn't sell well in it's original form .

I actually bought a new one in 2003 and thought it was a great all rounder although it needed upgrades and Suzuki just didn't support or update the model in any meaningful way. I ended up p/x-ing it for a GSXR750K6 3 years later.

I reckon they should also update and/or reinvent the Katana, that was one cool ugly bike.

Seems japs (Suzuki's?) tendency towards disappointing conservatism remains strong as ever.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

sv

Yes i want a new sv650 and 1200, that would be awesome, the sv has such a following, instead they gave us something we didn't want at all in the gladius, when all we wanted was a new sv, i dont get suzuki's thinking

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

Nice Legs shame about the Face

Its a SV1000s, Mutton Dressed as Lamb......."No Likey"

Reply to this Topic
daveat

Apr 03

daveat says:

Does size matter?

Is there now a gap in the market...1200 Trumpet, 1200 GS, Tenere, Stelvio, et al...are all pretty big heavy boys who drink a lot and have a mediocre tank range (except for the stelvio and gs adventurer) and seem rather excessive for most peoples needs....Clearly a comfortable,two up,  frugal, powerful, bike that can be picked up when loaded, handle well, is needed. The 990 KTM SMT seems to be a sensible size and weight, rides superbly and can be made comfortable with new seat and screen but lacks tank range. If Suzuki can produce a big vstrom that doesnt buffet, is comfortable, frugal, and light and not cumberson they may well be on to a winner.   

Reply to this Topic
DBunts46

Jan 09

DBunts46 says:

Long Overdue!

I've have a 2004 V Strom and its a great bike, understated, fast when I need it, plenty of V twin torque, and happy on 450 mile runs at "decent" cruising speeds getting high 40's MPG. All for £2,900! Will definitely test ride this when its launched, might lose the beak tho..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices