Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner confirms Motegi return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner confirms Motegi return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner confirms Motegi return

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner has confirmed he will be back in MotoGP action at next weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix at the Twin Ring Motegi. The Australian has been out of action since he badly damaged his right ankle in a qualifying crash for the Indianapolis round in mid-August. Stoner had always hoped to be fit for the Japan round to help...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 October 2012 11:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

That

must be the most tongue in cheek response of the decade. Well done.  No-one out there good enough I s'pose.

Reply to this Topic
tackyaccy

Dec 07

tackyaccy says:

Hey Casey

Where are u (wife shouts)  Ah hell he's gone fishing in the billabong again for that old Honda 50 with the teddy tied to the handlebars and the pink set, he's been trying to hook that since he quit racing Awwww,

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

When he comes back...

...he'll wipe the floor with the lot of 'em. He's a talent that will be missed one way or another..

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

HELP

CASEY WHO????

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

shame...

like to have seen jonny ride again, no disrespect to casey but it seems a pretty pointless exercise to me, no chance of getting the title, little chance of winning, still recovering from injury.  so wot's the point, could help danny's cause i suppose.

cal and dovi to finish ahead of him i hope...

yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Rossi might of been struggling for the past two years, but at least he hasn't thrown in the towel, like  the antipodean moaner that we all know.

Rossi with 9 WC, yea he is really down on his luck.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

no chance

unfortunately for Dani to get the title unless Stoner comes back, so it could also be a saving face for Stoner. I don't think he's going to be fast enough now to beat Dani, but if Stoner can get in front of Lorenzo, and that's a big ask for him, and he pulls it off, that helps Dani, and Stoner can say "well I'm just riding shotgun for me mate" instead of everyone thinking he's going to come back, not able to take on Dani. 

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

You British people...

...are funny as hell when you're taking a piss on each other.  Or however you say it.  Too bad I have to spend 10 minutes reading thru all that garbage to find any posts that actually refer to the topic.  But I still want to throw in my 2 cents (that's American money...where the term FIAT is more than just a car).

First of all, I never understood why so many Brits are hostile to Stoner.  I suppose it's because Rossi was everyone's darling and Stoner beat him straight up.  Stoner may not be as "hard" as Doohan, but he's as hard (if not more so) as anyone in the paddock at the moment, and personally, I appreciate someone who doesn't constantly spew PR bullshit.  If something is whack (and I imagine a lot of shit is in DornaWorld), Casey isn't afraid to say so.  And if you want to bitch about other people bitching, how about all the riders last year who were moaning about the Bridgestones tires??  Let's not forget that Bridgestone's solution to all that whining (new tire construction) gave Repsol Honda fits this year, but it's still all Lorenzo can do to stay ahead of them.

I was present at Indy to see that episode...holy shit.  Dovisioso is one hell of a rider, and even he was amazed at Casey's performance.  It took all Dovi had to get around Stoner, even with Casey having a jell-o ankle and on the track with the worst tarmac in GP.  There's also some guy named Agostini who compared Stoner to one Mr. Mike Hailwood.

As far as this Yank is concerned, Casey Stoner is the real-motherfuckin-deal.  Regardless of his personality or anyone's opinion about him, he is the fastest man on the planet on two wheels, and I have absolutely no doubt that he will prove that upon his return, even with his injury time-out.  I hope he stomps everyone's ass at Phillip Island, and the other races as well.  Also, if the cards fall right and Dani has a chance to take the title, I would not be surprised to see Casey let him by at one race or another.  It's a shame that he is leaving, but I respect his choice. Whatever happens, Motorcycle Grand Prix is the lesser without Casey Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Alright there willc..?

Hopefully to shed some light..

Most of us Brit fans have a grudging respect for Stacey Boner, despite the stick, which is really directed at his soppy fans of mainly Antipodean decent.. meaning they're really British, but live somewhere different. Ex-pats if you like.

The Poms (us) and the Diggers (them) have a healthy rivalry based on the above and competition in all things sporting, which we usually beat them at. They moan like fk at being serial losers, without much humour I might add, because they take themselves too seriously.

Sledging or banter is part of the rivallry culture, based in cricket and The Ashes. It has spilt over to all walks of life and sport and nowadays is not the exclusive preserve of England and Australia.

I've illustrated a good example of sledging below..

Sledging is common at most levels of the game in Australia, but one Australian with a particular reputation for sledging was former fast bowler Merv Hughes. His intimidating and aggressive bowling style was often accompanied by a mixture of humorous witticisms, and vitriolic abuse. On occasions he crossed the line from sledging to insulting; however, there are numerous occasions of classic sledges delivered by Hughes.

On one such occasion, Hughes was bowling to Pakistan batsman Javed Miandad, who informed the overweight bowler he looked like "a fat bus conductor". The very next ball, Hughes bowled Miandad, screaming "tickets please!" as he ran to celebrate with team mates.

Funny as fk.

You have to take this place with a good pinch of salt pal.

:laugh::tongue::blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Most of us 'soppy' Antipodean fans

have a simmering contempt for Valentino Rossi, mainly due to the dillusionary nature of the god like esteem his fans hold him in, all the whilst ignoring the terrible truth of the man and his standing in the sport.

Wosi, you really should be old enough to know that speaking Cricket to a Septic is akin to you and your Swahili lessons.

Mervyn ever tongue your ear down the Larwood?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices