Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes

A major reshuffle of the organisation of MotoGP and World Superbikes will see Dorna manage both championships in the future. Bridgepoint, the private equity firm that invested in Dorna in 2006 and World Superbike owners Infront Sports & Media last year, confirmed the re-organisation yesterday. Dorna will now take full responsibility for MotoGP and World Superbikes, with Infront Motor Sports undertaking a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 October 2012 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

You'll be happy about this then Nostro ?

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

Lets just hope they dont bugger up WSB in the same way they have Moto GP with constant rule changes and technical meddling.. "If it ain't broke....."     I wont hold my breath though to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

Dorna / Motogp & WSB!!!!!

This will be the end of WSB as we currently know it. Moto2 is now in its 3rd year so that will replace the existing WSS championship. CRT's have been introduced this year so they will replace and / or merge with WSB .MOTOGP prototypes will become ,apparently they already are ,the elite championship so when the two series eventually become one we'll end up with less race meetings per year but more races on raceday thereby cutting costs in running two separate series ,at separate venues with separate travelling expenses etc etc etc. DORNA now hold all the cards so we'll have to wait and see if they'll deal a straight hand or cheat ,duck and dive ,change things to suit themselves and fuck things up as they have done in the past. 

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Well I guess that's it....British superbikes it is

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Oh well....

That's two series fucked then!!!

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Kind of agree FLAT6CYL

Call me cynical but I've feared this for a couple of seasons. The fact that over perhaps 10 - 15 years prototypes have become very highly engineered and heavily reliant on electronics seems to have persuaded most motorcycle manufacturers to part company with MotoGP. The original idea that prototype ideas / inventions would filter down to road bikes seems way back in history and the development of the World Superbike class seems to have taken on that mantle (as the class that sells bikes in showrooms) but also gained expense.

If they are to 'amalgamate', it would be great to see the manufacturers all come back and fill a grid. Imagine - Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, Triumph, KTM etc all on the same grid?!?

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

Agree with the last posts......

wak1309.........would be one hell of a grid!!!!

Moaner....if organised successfully they may supply a full race day. Just think what Moto 3 ,Moto2 / WSS ,CRT / WSB and MOTOGP would be like in one day?? .Add a couple of one make races and it would be like BSB on steroids.

Stonered...If Silverstone last weekend was anything to go buy there is only one raceday to be at ,BSB. Just a shame it was so poorly attended. 80% of the circuit was devoid of fans....only benefit was no car park chaos...got out in double quick time.   

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

This really takes the piss Dorna running both MotoGP and WSBK. I fear for the future of motorcycle racing in the long term if this happens.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Dorna

What a shambles. They obviously weren't content with fcuking up Moto GP so they now want to have a go at WSB as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fear for the future!!!!!!!!!1 Ciao

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

B******S !

Had a feeling this might happen kept seeing Moto Gp types @ WSBK meets they must've heard how good the racing was getting in WSBK, oh well hope for the best least we've still got BSB they better leave that alone !!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices