Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna to run MotoGP and World Superbikes

A major reshuffle of the organisation of MotoGP and World Superbikes will see Dorna manage both championships in the future. Bridgepoint, the private equity firm that invested in Dorna in 2006 and World Superbike owners Infront Sports & Media last year, confirmed the re-organisation yesterday. Dorna will now take full responsibility for MotoGP and World Superbikes, with Infront Motor Sports undertaking a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 October 2012 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Well the racings awesome in wsb and shit in motogp right now, not too much changing next year so wsb will be just as close and motogp will still be garbage, know which 1 I'd rather watch!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Sbk the way to go?

After reading mcn today, if dorna go ahead with the control ecu & Honda pull out of moto gp,then Yamaha & the returning Suzuki team will follow suit then moto gp is finished, doran have done more damage to gran pix motorcycle racing in 10 years than at any other time in the history of the sport

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

For me prototypes = the best technology you can possibly think of regardless of cost Production bike = the technology the likes of you and me can afford to buy in large numbers Racing = proofing/ advertising the prototype technology as and when it reaches large scale production So how do these rules and the above management change help this? You may as well just burn motoGP altogether Flat6cl - silver stone was awesome to watch ( even tho me mate josh didn't win). Couldn't get to the track myself but was embarrassed when I spied all the empty stands.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Well at least it's not

A monopoly !!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Troll monkey sheep

Did you just actually agree with someone Jesus Christ ,sit down and take your pills you twat

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Can't see this being a good move for us fans.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Show me the money

Carmelo look’s like Tom Cruise with the fat old man mask on in Tropic thunder on that picture!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If you think Dorna are doing a good job

with their Orwellian control of the sport then god help us all.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Monopoly..

That's what GP was facing, still is..with Honda at the helm.

Two-thirds of the bikes in Moto3. All the engines in Moto2. Only two competitors left in MotoGP...

In return for the privelege of making the rules, they promised to supply bikes and engines at reasonable cost. To ensure healthy grids and good competition. To ensure the sports well being. They reneged on that deal and plunged the sport into the mess it finds itself, putting corporate greed and kudos first.

Yet..when under threat from Ezpeleta and Magneti Marelli's ECU, they are prepared to supply Honda built units and software free of charge?

" I told Carmelo if a new customer or new manufacturer wants to use a Honda ECU and software we can give it to them free of charge. If another manufacturer is considering joining MotoGP, and the development costs are huge, we will give the likes of BMW and Aprilia help if they want" - Shuei Nakamoto. MCN 3/10/12.

That's big of them isn't it? Wouldn't be trying to exert control by any chance?

I suppose there'd be an HRC technician with the package - monitoring everything like big brother - ready to turn the power down like they do in satelite teams.

What about the bikes you could sell to teams that go in the crusher?

They must think people stupid..mind you, they'd have a point reading most of the comments below.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

FLAT6CYL

I belive they did but got no-where fast! I know alot of people don't like the new scoring system in BSB but the changes that have been made eg control ecu, no traction control etc have been good for both teams financially and spectators (more bikes on the grid and close ass racing!!) whereas the changes that have been made in Gp have only benefited Honda !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices