Skip to content

Ask an Expert Will fitting an exhaust to my 33BHP restricted bike mess it up? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Will fitting an exhaust to my 33BHP restricted bike mess it up?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

Will fitting an exhaust to my 33BHP restricted bike mess it up?

i have a 600 bandit thats 33bhp restricted (by plates in the air inlet side of the carb)

basically what i want to know is:

Will fitting an exhaust mess anything up because the bikes restricted? like will an exhaust+restrictor plates mess up the feuling or anything.

if this helps im thinking of fitting a road legal (with removeable baffle :D) beowulf or pipewerx can

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 October 2012 17:04)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

pipe

Should be fine.

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

beowulf

Its fine. Just did the same myself-fitted a beowulf stainless steel endcan to my restricted CB500. 

Its really well made. Easy to fit and sounds great. Really low throaty sound and really loud. It does pop and crackle a little when laying off the throttle so may be running very slightly rich-it does sound cool though! couldn't recomend beowulf enough, plus you get a lifetime guarantee. 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Exhausts

Exhausts often tend to make a bike run lean (and hotter). Many also give (or claim) modest power gains, so it might be worth checking your bike is still 33-bhp compliant.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices