Skip to content

Discuss This America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light

Three MotoGP races will be held in America in 2013 after it was confirmed the Circuit of the Americas clash in Texas will definitely go ahead. The race will be staged on April 21 and is likely to be the second round of next year’s world championship with major doubts about whether a scheduled race in Argentina will go ahead on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 11:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Finally Dorna sees some sense know they should put another round in Britain Brands Hatch.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Have Dorma bumped another circuit to bring in the Circuit of the Americas, or just added another race on?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Yam

I am in agreement about Brands it would be great to get a MotoGp round there - however I don't think it will ever happen because Brands would need to spend humungous amounts of money to bring the safety aspect up to the required level. A major upgrade of the circuit was turned down a couple of years ago because re-construction woul require the destruction of ancient woodland.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It all comes to down to politics as that's what MotoGP is about these days.

Reply to this Topic
FLAT6CYL

Jul 11

FLAT6CYL says:

3 in the USA.................

I thought Dorna were trying to cut costs in the recession not increase them!!! Plus the fact they get very poor attendance ,especially Indy , at the American rounds compared to the European rounds. Other flyaway rounds are not to clever either ,Qatar for example.Would have thought it more cost effective to cut down on the Transworld trips and increase the European rounds as there's a lot of great circuits they don't even mention going to. On top of all this the Yanks don't really give a monkee's about MotoGP so why give them 3 rounds?  

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Three in Uncle Sam's backyard

WooHoo. That's exciting. I wonder what Thailand, Indonesia and India think of that?

More Carmelo genius. He's making himself a bomb in prostitution services provided.

Reply to this Topic
deltablues

Nov 08

deltablues says:

I will agree that motorcycle racing in America is sadly under-attended. However, this new track near Austin Texas will pull in a much larger attendence than Indy and probably rival Laguna Seca. For one thing, the weather in April is nice in Austin...not too hot and hardly ever cold. Texas is well populated at almost 26 million people. Austin metro area alone is over 2 million. Also, here in the South, we have a huge sport-riding/sport-touring population and many of us are really excited about this race. Several of my friends and I from Arkansas are planning on riding down to Austin in April for the race!!! WPS! (Woo! Pig! Sooie!...Razorbacks!)

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

MotoGP in Texas

As a Californian I've been to Laguna many times since 1980, and started going back regularly in 2005.  There's no shortage of people but it does not have a layout to accomodate really large events.  However, it's a fantastic course and the racing is good there.

I've also been to Indy for F1, which is the track used by MotoGP (not the oval for Indy cars), and I found that to be quite boring.  I think that if Texas does well dropping Indy would make sense.

Lastly, I've been to Mugello, which was complete insanity and much fun.  I don't know if it can get better than having a track of that quality in the Tuscan hillside.  Unbelievable.

P.S. -- why are there so many cry-babies on this site? 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

3 in the States?

The layout looks great - loads of elevation - but for once, Nostro is right about GP's lack of ambition trying to crack new markets.

Maybe the tie-in with Superbike and the fact they seem more global in their outlook will help GP get to some new circuits soon.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

strictly speaking, the yanks will have 2.33 races as Laguna still doesn't (can't cope with?) host Moto 2 and 3 rounds - imagine what 36 bikes belting around there would be like!  whilst Spain can claim that they supply a large chunk of the GP talent, and can perhaps justify holding additional races, that can hardly be said about our American friends.

elbowz, much as i admire Brands, MotoGP will NEVER visit that circuit as the FIM won't homologate the circuit on safety grounds.  as saturn says, it would cost a fortune to make the necessary changes, and that's not taking into account the local residents that live a stones-throw from the track, a less than co-operative local council and the tree-huggers.  it's Silverstone for the foreseeable future as the only realistic choice as Donington is light years behind in terms of facilities.  that's basic facts, not politics.

i too don't like 4 races in Spain, 3 in the USA and 2 in Italy - that's half of the series in 3 countries, while the likes of India and the fabulous Buddh International Circuit can't get a look in, and no confirmed races in South America and South Africa. ho hum.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices