Skip to content

Discuss This America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

America to host three races in 2013 as Texas gets green light

Three MotoGP races will be held in America in 2013 after it was confirmed the Circuit of the Americas clash in Texas will definitely go ahead. The race will be staged on April 21 and is likely to be the second round of next year’s world championship with major doubts about whether a scheduled race in Argentina will go ahead on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 11:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Point well made Cheeky

Except these trash pages and the sickening sea of yellow at British GP's indicate more than a grain of truth to my synopsis.

My, that was rude of me. Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope all your bits are where they are supposed to be. I especially hope that gorgeous Bevel cafe racer of yours wasn't involved. Bones and bark heal, Italian steel - that's precious!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Cheekymonkey

I think you described the average British biker pretty well, the person who stops when another biker (indeed cars for me) has had a mischief. The kind of person who, as you rightly say, doesn't give a flying fluck about who won the last GP as a Brit. The sea of yellow Nostro mentions is a different entity completely, they're the GP equivalent of Man Utd fans, they jump on the most obvious bandwagon and they buy and go where they're told to. They support and adore the obvious choice and to be fair, Valentino Rossi has made it easy for them.

The rest of us, well we follow our own nose. Some of us even admit when we're wrong, eh Wosi?

I think MotoGP needs to take a few leaves out of the F1 book,, how many race winners have there been in F1 this season and how many people have a shot at the title? F1 is effectively 4 wheeled CRT with the only real full factory teams being Renault and Ferrari (McLaren don't really count), your Lotus' and Caterhams are merely branded and not proper factory efforts. As much as I dislike Bernie Ecclestone he's created a formula that works, albeit with much tinkering and fucking about. I particularly like the way he has no loyalty to any driver or team, if anyone appears to be getting bigger than the sport he knocks them back down to size, witness M. Schumacher 2007.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Cheers

No, I sold the old bevel. It was a mint 996 that I smashed up. I`m a bit sore and have a fractured scaphiod, but I aint complaining it could`ve been a lot worse. 

I don`t think the yellow is any more prevalent in UK than anywhere else. I could be wrong, I`m just going off the tv and the handfull of european round I`v e attended.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hmmm. Beemer, a curly one

Yes indeed they have. But why did they enter the series in the first place and race for four seasons under factory colours? To establish credentials for their shit hot street bike. Mission (finally) accomplished, with the S1000RR now established as a regular race winner. Donkey work done they can now hand over the reigns. As stated I know fack all about F1, but I do know Bimmers have been in that series plenty in the past.

So tell me what  master plan are you or Bernie's Spanish nephew Carmelo, going to follow to bring our MotoGP product to the masses?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's a rather vague

communique from Dorna's Welsh office. Expanding existing high population markets (not doing a very good job in 400m strong Uncle Sam land) by squeezing more TV and internet revenue from them? Do you not know that a big part of Dorna's limitation of their product is their overly expensive, poor quality internet streaming? Many suggest this content should be provided free to truly expand the product and reach a wider audience. Do you think still relatively poor Asia is willing to pay more? I don't see charging more as a growth tactic.

And just how will this product be marketed? Presuming of course mentioning brand names of bikes is a no, no. Is Uncle Carmelo still searching for another Golden Goose to be the one and only public face of the sport. Or will he be more sensible in future and wield more baskets? I guess with talk of 'product' this will be the case. But product is defined by personalities and machines? Dilemma, dilemma.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Re: Crowd at Dallas.

Re: Crowd at Dallas. A friend of mine told me that 400,000 watched the match which incuded giant TV screens in the car parks. But I could not find any confirmation on line....should have checked. Anyway, I think the Texas crowd will be a great supporter of GP

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thanks Carmelo

in Welsh drag. Indy was a terrible decision. A shitty poor quality track, remote from spectators and unloved by riders. We all know you only went there for the sanctioning fee in order to pay yourself a little bonus.

Laguna. A dust bowl with poor facilities indeed, but a groovy wee track. Nonetheless if the track owners can't get their shit together and provide the room for all the world competitors from Moto3 up to MotoGP then siornara. A disgrace for too long. It just goes to show how low GP motorcycle racing is held in American esteem when it's taken this long to get a world standard track in operation in the land of the "free and brave' - cough, cough.

All to be provided at a rate 75% cheaper than F1.  Does this mean a change of focus for Dorna with expanding the product taking precedence over rapacious profiteering as in the past?

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Nostro

Agree on the track situation in US. There are no decent tracks in the vey densely populated NE. What there is (Watkins Glen, Limerock) often give themselves over to track days for Ferrari bankers....bikers never get a look in. Any move to improve track access runs right into the Enviro crowd. No accident that this new track is in Texas. They tend to be smarter about these sort of things. That's why I think it's going to be a great event Now Motocross is a different story. Great locations, crowds and prob the best riders in the world.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Congratulations.

Kinell, possibly the most intelligent non abusive thread I've read in a while. Nostro, Rossi, Hmmmmm and others. Well done. Like my 'mate' says, when you are sat on your yacht moored not 500 yards from a harbour bejwelled by floor shattering women who want to sleep with you as your portfolio quadruples of shrewd investments then maybe someone will start listening. For now, continue your intellectual debates. Afterall Dorna needs all the advice he can get to enhance the circus, right? Another stella anyone...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices