Skip to content

Discuss This Honda powerless to influence MotoGP switch for Jonathan Rea MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda powerless to influence MotoGP switch for Jonathan Rea

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda powerless to influence MotoGP switch for Jonathan Rea

HRC has admitted it was powerless to sway satellite team boss Fausto Gresini towards signing Jonathan Rea in 2013. Honda is consulted on rider selection for its satellite teams but has no right to veto Gresini or Lucio Cecchinello’s preferred choice. So despite throwing its support behind Rea for the RC213V currently raced by Spaniard Alvaro Bautista, it was a recommendation rather...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

todays task

dont  feed the troll it works honest.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Did I miss something

Lucid and intelligent posts - the wind of change has blown through the valleys.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

boo hoo

upset cause wosi ignored you. you'll get over it mr bikeless man of the year.

shit i did feed you,i take it back.

rea did a safe job,nough said.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

peasant

stop stealing free wifi from mc'donalds you bum.you full yet.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Jonathan

If they can't veto, Why are they consulted?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Interesting politics.

A fair case could be made for any one of Bautista, Rea or Redding. As much as anything I guess Bautista has been given the benefit of the doubt since his is the only machine out there bouncing on Showa; and looking at some recent super slo-mo's, bouncing is what he's been up too. Is it the kit or the set-up? Moot point perhaps, but 2013 should be better with a years data to draw upon.

This four bike maximum from each manufacturer rule is a farce - (well done Carmelo). Marc VDS sound like they have the budget for MotoGP next year and perhaps HRC could've seen Gresini running two prototypes 2013 with Bautista and Rea.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

jonny...at last...

good points here, i think jonny is going to be wsbk for at least the next two seasons, if the new bike does transpire in 2014, i personally think he'll have one to season to get the title, if not i think he will be replaced.

don't rule haslam out either he's honda through and through, funny how on the privateer honda, he rode the socks off it.  the bmw ride has been an utter disaster for him, he'll be glad to be back onto a honda for sure, and i personally think he can't do any worse.  aoyama has been a complete non-entity so the point about high level moto riders coming to wsbk to clean up on a honda seems a little muted to me.  rea is the only guy riding that thing competitively.

i am more concerned, however, about home-grown riders again not being able to attract sponsors at the highest level, shame because there is a lot of talent coming through the ranks in both wsbk and moto gp's. riders from these isles of ours, should be given deals from british and irish companies, but we have to rely in the main on spanish and italian sponsors...it stinks.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

unfortunately

British sponsors arn't willing enough to risk major cash on our riders, which is a shame, but they look back at what's gone over the last decade and it's a risky business, and bike racing is just not as big here as in Europe. One of the reasons is look at the BBC, they'll squeeze MotoGP in because they're contracted to, but at slightest opportunity, if there's some obscure pingpong contest for the under 12's, what happens, they don't even show moto2 or 3 as promised on the red button. We've had so many racers winning WSB titles etc., but never done well in 'sportsman of the year', and that's the root cause of it.   

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

4 bike rule question

I thought it was mandated that the manufacturers must provide AT LEAST 4 prototypes. I didn't realize that 4 is the maximum they may field. I was thinking that if a team wanted to, and had the funds, etc, they could have a prototype M1 or RC213v or Duc. Am I wrong?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

yes.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool