You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Insurance scam

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Insurance scam

MCE just phoned me to offer me insurance (My fault I went on a price comparison website)

"The premium is so high because you've had 2 crashes"

Cheeky little sh*t years of NCB and 2 NON-FAULT claims against a 3rd parties insurance, not my own.

Anyway double checked on the website, their price is the same with or without the crashes, so what conclusion do we draw from this?

The sh*ts at MCE will lie to you to make a sale. so when paying £100's for insurance that you may rely on when lying in a hospital bed or out of work with your bike's sitting twisted in the garage - MCE have probably lied to you somewhere along the line, just hope it doesn't invalidate your policy.

At the very least this may make young or inexperienced motorists either lie to their insurers or not claim when they are not at fault in a crash, to try and keep their insurance premiums below £200 a month.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 12:08)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Nuisance calls

When on price comparison sites I nearly always use the phone number "07000000000". Guaranteed never to get a nuisance call :winkie:

But yes, Insurance companies are ridiculous. Premiums often make no sense and differ in price day-to-day even hour-to-hour. I've been quoted £1200 when I check at 2pm on a Saturday but £700 when checking 7am on a Monday morning with exactly the same details.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Insurance premiums.

Insurance companies use most of the income from premiums for tax-free investments on the stock market, or as I call it, gambling. They'll keep a relatively small amount in reserve to pay out for claims. If investments are bad our premiums go up. Easy money.

Since we are legally obliged to have motor insurance the government ought to make it much less of a commercial enterprise. We're not all having crashes so if everyone chipped into a central pot I imagine there would be enough to pay out all valid claims. Mind you, a central pot of cash in public sector hands wouldn't be safe either.

:upset:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

MCE

I'm with them. Not had a claim in 37 years, but got knocked off the bike in June. Police doing driver for driving without due care. Thing is, when younger, if you had a bump and someone elses fault, you claimed off their insurance. Now, as I'm fully comp, you're supposed to claim on your own, then the solicitor tries to claim the excess back (£750), but this means you've now got a claim. I've not claimed as yet, bought most of parts on ebay to repair my bike as it'd be a write off. Makes you wonder what's the point of being fully comp insurance.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

fully comp claim

I did that, you claim through your own and they re-claim through the 3rd parties - ask your insurance for a letter stating they are reinstating your NCB because they claimed against the 3rd party and you'll get your NCB back.

You could also find a company that will handle the claim for you. more in the next post.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Claim

One company was http://www.ridemaster.co.uk/ they handled my claim for me and put me up with a courtesy bike, a CBF600 and claimed back all the costs from the 3rd party's insurance. I didn't pay a penny. I'm pretty sure I paid a few hundred excess and got it back as soon as the 3rd party admitted liability.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

protected no claims

Protect your no claims it worth the extra cost.

the answer is not to make a claim through your own insurer they are all ways keen for you to do this, it may take much longer to get your bike repaired but claim from the third parties insurer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices