Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride

It might look barely changed but the 2013 Multistrada gets revised fuel injection, improved torque, cosmetic tweaks, new lights, advanced ABS and DTC and the new 'Skyhook' semi-active suspension system. So how does it feel?   brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 13:42)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Re-mortgage???

Dear Mr Bank Manager, please would it be possible for me to release some of the equity in my house so that I can purchase a DUCAT.... errrm.... I mean, purchase a dependable form of transport for me and my errr.... family? What's that, I have no equity, DRAT and DOUBLE DRAT! (slope off, tail between legs) Nice vid, you lucky git Chad!!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

What would concern me, like other Multistradas before is the virtually non-existant front mudguard (see it in the video) which, in the rain will throw bucket loads of water all over the engine and under the tank where all the wiring and multi-pinned plugs are with obvious results. A friend of mine only the other week told me of a friend of his with one of these who went to Scotland in a group and it wouldn't run in the rain. It was taken by truck to a dealer (100 miles away!) who said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. And when he tried to carry on with the holiday, the same thing happened, so he went home when it was dry!

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Hmmmmm

ARHMM! is there a problem with the side stand? is it too short?......no i hear you cry..Hmm

Then why is it on a brick at the begining of the video?

Seriously though......."Skyhooks" last time i heard this i went down the stores for a long wait (weight) and a tin of stripey paint. lol

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Informative

I give it to you guys, this was an informative video.  Thanks!  Nice bike, probably the best of the Enduros for street use. 

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I quite like the mods that have be implemented to the new bike. Best looking uber trailie on the market.

Reply to this Topic
macnev

Oct 05

macnev says:

Multistrada

Had one for 2 years. Best and worst bike I've had. Great motor, hndling, comfort when it was going but it had loads of electrical gremlins. When it rained it all went wrong, switches didn't work, suspension didn't work etc. In the end it was in the dealers for 4 weeks and had new everything. Problem is I didn't trust it so sold it. I was hoping the 2nd gen would concentrate on improving quality and reliability, instead they add more gizmos that couls go wrong and probably will. Hope Audi can do for quality what they did for Lambo. Then it will be a winner

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Frankly I'd love one, but although I can't say I'm poor I'm not rich enough for this - who is???

As Homer40 noticed, there is a rock included on the end of the sidestand or stand as it's now called.

If the skyhook was activated would it enable the bike to park more upright, and not topple over that cliff!,

Looks like the suspension allows everything to be a perfect world, soft for bumps and stiff for smooth roads. Is motorcycling ever about the perfect world concept?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices