Skip to content

Discuss This Second city plans bike parking charges General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Second city plans bike parking charges

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Second city plans bike parking charges

Liverpool could follow London’s Westminster in scrapping free roadside motorcycle parking. A charge for motorcycle parking in the city centre could be introduced as early as this year under plans. A Liverpool Council spokesman said: "A range of proposals are currently being considered, including the introduction of a small charge for motorcycle parking.”A public consultation is due to start within...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 October 2012 17:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

How many...

How many bikes can you get into one car parking space? I wonder if the charge will be equally proportionate? On the other hand if these councils stick in a few ground anchors and some CCTV, I'd happily pay a little for that extra peace of mind.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

IMO..........

Any town or city which charges for motorcycle parking deserves to have gridlocked traffic if they aren't prepared to do anything to help reduce it. Its just pure greed on the part of the council. I also think companies big enough should do more to provide parking for bikes.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

doh

Birmingham is the second city !

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

I will never pay for parking

As well as having bikes iI also own cars. I can not tell you the last time I went to my city center, but it has been well over 5 years. I flat out right refuse to pay to park in a city that I have lived in for some 46 years. Driver and bikers used to park for no charge for most of my life, that's until the greedy bastards decided to cash in on the motorists. Now because of this I have never bothered out of principle. These days I just shop on line, I flat refuse to use my city center because of parking charges. Surly there must be hundreds and thousands of people like me. And then they wonder why shopping towns with small business are on there arse.

Reply to this Topic
cetdac

Mar 10

cetdac says:

Day of action

Why not arrange a working day when all bikers decend on London/Liverpool - no one filters, adding to congestion. Then everyone buys a full car park space, one for each bike. See how these short sighted council blockheads cope.

By the way my trip to Liverpool on my bike is now cancelled - same as I cancelled going to London anymore.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

parking charges

Were are we supposed to put the ticket when we have paid... will we have to buy a ticket holder similar to tax disc holder... In Cornwall, Helston, the local authority already charge for parking in civic centre car park. U have to hope nobody nicks ur ticket of ur screen.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

burnthouse

Take a photo of your ticket with your phone. Then you have proof that you bought one.

Reply to this Topic
junxs

Jun 10

junxs says:

Phew

Thought the article was talking about Birmingham (2nd city), relieved as its about Liverpool

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

fspider

Im with you there , I just ebay everything. Not out ofhate of the parking fees but out of the fact I can get stuff cheaper. Sure I might be able to pick soemthign up there and then but what incentive is that these days when I can get something delivered from china to my door in a weeks time if I'm willing to pay?

If they want to boost the economy , pushing people out of the city centres is not the way to do it.

Maybe they will come to their senses and realise that? And maybe pigs will fly...

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Who Care!

I never go to that S*** H*** anyway!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN