Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

Bradley Smith's challenge to become a competitive force in MotoGP next season will be masterminded by vastly experienced crew chief Guy Coulon. The 21-year-old had expressed interest in moving to Tech 3 Yamaha with his current Moto2 crew chief Tom Jojic, who has previously worked with Team Roberts, Kawasaki and Honda in MotoGP. It has been confirmed though that Coulon, who is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 October 2012 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Jonnyrocket

we need more Irish MotoGP riders, they're the best road racers in the world, no shit, and have always made a good showing in MotoGP like Jeremy, don't forget him, and I still think Rea should have got the last Honda seat in MotoGP for next year.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No

In your last paragraph, you are actually saying the same thing I'm saying, I'm not expecting him to get on the podium, because you seem to realise like I do, he's leaving Moto2 an under achiever

No, I haven't said he's an under achiever at all and I've no idea how you get to that conclusion from what I did say. How can I make any sort of judgement as to whether he is riding above a poor (relatively)) bike's potential or whether he isn't getting the best out of a good bike. I have no idea. I can only repeat the reference to Spalding and I assume he has been told that by 'insiders' as he wouldn't know for himself either.

Barring accidents, mechanical failures or exceptional circumstance, I'll be surprised if any get much of a look at a podium next year outside of Lorenzo, Rossi or Pedrosa. Generally, the only reason Dovi or Crutchlow have podiums this year is because one of the main players has been missing from the front. When they are there they have the podium sewn up. If the second factory Yam was performing to its potential, they'd be squabbling over 5th at best.  Next year will be no different so to say Smith will fail in Motogp if he doesn't podium is nonsense. In 4 years on a Honda, 3 on Repsol, Dovi only managed about 15 podiums, yet no-one has called him a failure.

Seems to me you have a dislike of Smith for some reason which is driving your opinion as you're not being objective or consistent in the way you assess him.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

You use your word play, like a politician, because I can say - "what a shame, poor old Smith has got a problem, he's got 7 or 8 faster, talented, committed racers that are going to finish in front of him, during his stint on an M1, if only they were not there, he'd be a champion", -  that's what I'm saying, but the Sir Bradley supporters actually expect him to improve on Cal's performance, and that's the bit that's too sour for me to swallow. Dress it up how you like, he's got a bad record in Moto2, and he still hasn't earnt the M1 ride. I've got nothing against Bradley at all, but that's my opinion of him, perhaps he needs comments like this about him to put some fire in his belly, because that's what he needs.   

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

The crux of it

BultoB has hit the nail on the head.

Seems to me you have a dislike of Smith for some reason which is driving your opinion as you're not being objective or consistent in the way you assess him.

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Ha ha, Cornbowl you are hilarious, I bet Smith is very grateful of your comments, they will surely make him think that all this time he has just not been trying and just needed your armchair comments to give him the 'fire in his belly'.  Brilliant!

Your comments about Sykes, I'm sure most of us are rooting for him but don't need to write on a forum to prove that. 

The reason the vast majority of people are taking issue with you is that your opinion is completely baseless, but maybe you feel if you keep repeating yourself, people might agree with you. Still, keep on keeping on. 

Reply to this Topic
Twpsyn

Oct 12

Twpsyn says:

jonnyrocket

jonny me boy,

your opening gem, "and i think bradley will be very competitive next year, can only be assigned to a slip of your quill. Your competitive terminology surely being a slip for the intended repetitive, as in the case of Bradder's unfortunate showings to date. I only wish the young lad was on fire and leading the pack, but he ain't. Chances he has had a'plenty, even the Spanish scoundrel Alberto Puig pulled out all the stops to get him underway, unfortunately to no avail, to date. I do so hope you all prove me wrong next year and he succeeds, but I doubt it.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Yawnbowl

How does Smith have a bad record in Moto2? He's currently 7th in the championship and has scored in every race bar 1. Its not not as good as the 6 guys ahead but its better than the 20 odd guys behind so its a pretty good record.

First half of last season when the bike was still pretty new he DID acheive podiums and DID challenge for wins, the bike is in its 3rd year, no opinion in that, just fact, it started out as the Mistral 610, it is still the Mistral 610.

Smith will be a rookie next year, its his learning year and he will be up against guys with more experience than him, his job will be to be competitive against them in terms of lap times and give himself a foundation to build on for his second year, same as the other rookies.

Also, you posted earlier that Smith's bike has no speed deficit, I posted some evidence to the contrary, do you have an answer to that or are you just going to repeat the same old bollocks?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Drzee

ah it is a joke, and a big laugh, with Sir Bradley picking up the cash and talking the trash, he doesn't have to do much because he's got a band of blind followers, you're all expecting him to not do very well and at the same time be a quality GP rider and with previous comments of 'challange for the front', it's boring give it up.

But Regarding Sykes a Brit whose running 2nd in the WSB championship that he doesn't need any support or encouragement, let him get on with it, whilst you muppets would sooner be psychological pit props for Sir Bradley's ego and under achievements, so wake up and smell the coffee.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrCrap

you're full of it, you are boring and repetitive, going back 18 months to find out what Sir Bradley's done, it's the same rubbish you're spouting, he ain't getting onthe podium, he's an under achiever, he's not capable of winning a Moto2 race or getting a podium. Speed deficit is bollocks, he didn't loose a 3rd place in the last race, as you like to bring up, by the speed deficit, no top speed came into those last corners, that saw him relegated to 5th place by an injured Redding, that's the will to win that put Redding in front of Sir Bradley. Fact is he's still a shit performer in my book and a good many others I've no doubt, but they might be frightened to say so, with a bunch of primates like you lot, so get ready to eat some more 'Bradley's a looser' from the next race to the end of the season,  unless of course you think he's going to win one, hahaha. 

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

CB Why are you so

assumptive and so flippin angry ?

You are making rash statements left right and centre, you have no idea what I think about Bradley Smith, Tom Sykes or any other rider. As I have never stated any views one way or the other, it's all going on inside your head.

You obviously have an agenda around Tom Sykes not getting due credit, and rather than check what others think. You launch into a never ending repetitive tirade against people who YOU assume think a certain way, your behaviour is verging on paranoid and definitely odd.

There is a very simple rule, which can save lots of hassle.

Don't get wound up with things that you have no way of influencing or changing. 

There is no way that your repetitive angry spewing's will change anything with TS BS or SR, if you really feel that strongly get out and raise some funds; money talks.

Generally screaming and shouting abuse at people is very unproductive, depending upon what your aims are.

TJ

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle