Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

Bradley Smith's challenge to become a competitive force in MotoGP next season will be masterminded by vastly experienced crew chief Guy Coulon. The 21-year-old had expressed interest in moving to Tech 3 Yamaha with his current Moto2 crew chief Tom Jojic, who has previously worked with Team Roberts, Kawasaki and Honda in MotoGP. It has been confirmed though that Coulon, who is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 October 2012 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

unfair comments

cornbowl....Whats your problem?Why all the name calling? Do you think it is funny cos its not.
Bradley is an extremely talented rider and deserves the ride next season.Nobody gives more effort and determination than him.
Do you have any idea what it takes to finish top ten in a Moto2 race? Every rider on that grid is highly skilled and talented and Smith is one of the best.
Maybe you just dont like the guy like others haters on here so you decide to put him down and say he is not good enough.All quite sad really but as CM says no Gp riders would ever bother to read the dross on here and thank goodness for that.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Much appreciated Cornbowl

I will try to take your advice on board, as you appear to have mastered the subject.Thank you.

I wondered if you could answer my question now ?

Cheers TJ

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs

strange, you must have missed the last Moto2 race, there was a spot on the podium for him, but he kindly backed it off, and let Mr Redding take it, even though Mr Redding was riding injured, that didn't stop him giving 110%, whereas Mr Bradley Smith, top Brit achiever, finished 5th, no speed deficit, no bike deficit, that race was won on brakes, guts and race craft, and  Mr Smith lacks the last two of those.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but as you say, I think yours is bollocks. So will Mr Smith be on the podium, next time out, or before the end of the season, or in contrast will Mr Redding, who in your eyes must be an inferior rider, as he's obviously not good enough for a MotoGP ride, never get on the podium again, and he has already had two podiums in Moto2. Get Real.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

buelligan272

name calling, get real. This has turned into a major post again, because I think Smith an under achiever, oh sorry I'd better make that Sir Bradley. For the one millionth time, I have got NOTHING AGAINST Bradley, other than he is an under achiever.

So let's look at what you've got to say, 'talented and deserves a ride' - talent, that would be the front 3 runners in Moto2, and all the ones that have won titles, Smith has won nothing, a few podiums in 125's with all the help and schooling, 2 years in Moto2, this year he's going backwards, this is before he steps into the premier class, and he cannot secure one podium.

Yamaha expected Smith to have at least 3-4 wins, plus top 5 finishes, what has he done, sweet fa, Herve would dump him tomorrow if he could, but it was too late, he's locked into a 2 year deal, Sir Bradley doesn't have to do anything but turn up on the grid, there can't be anybody that posts on here that thinks he can take a win in Moto2, unless half the grid don't finish, and I don't think he is capable of getting on the podium at all, yet Scott has done it twice, because he's got guts and he's a racer. Can you seriously tell me that Sir Bradley is going to win a race the rest of the season in Moto2, he won't, and he won't get a podium, and the next two years in MotoGP he'll no wins, and I fear no podiums. They're expecting more from Cal next year, so where do think Sir Bradley is going to be, the only place he's going to podium is if he takes a pillion on the back of Cal, because Sir Braley is signed, sealed and delivered to MotoGP for 2 years whatever, and in my opinion he hasn't earnt it. 

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Cornbowl, ever thought about taking a step back and seeing how many times you have posted on just this one story?  You seem to spend a lot of time here trying to justify yourself and the nonsense you spout.

I'm in awe of your obvious insight into the paddock and how Herve would dump him tomorrow, good mate of yours is he? Tell us where you get your information from, are they all on equal bikes in Moto 2? 

You also seem to be able see into the future, a real gift, you should do the lottery!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

I know

my posts are endless, because thats what happens when people are slow to learn, and I'm only trying to let you all down  gently when you all wake up and smell the coffee. Your crystal ball's working well, because it's all clear to you that Sir Bradley's a champion, and yes Herve would drop him, because he signed him too early, a big mistake, but a contract is a contract. 

Yes they are all more or less on equal bikes, not the deficit there is in MotoGP, the most interesting thing is that if Smith was borne in Spain or Italy, it would be 'what a shit rider he is, a two year deal on MotoGP, and he can't win a race in Moto2, when we've got Redding and all our other Brit guys who deserve that ride'.that's how the thread would run then. So pop off and join the Rev bashing squad, it might be easier for you to understand.

PS, please no more shit on the frames  and development, that 2 secs gap that Smith had last outing should have been enough to get him on the podium, but with the 10% Smith back it off factor, it turned into 5th.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Let me get this right

Cornbowl just keeps repeating the same view endlessly. Until all the people who currently disagree, read the same stuff one more time and have a seminal moment where they realise.

I am  a slow learning imbecile, everything cornbowl says is fact.

Or perhaps the more tired we all get with the aggressive know it all style that has characterised  your posts on this subject. The less we take notice of your ranting.This style of thinking usually comes with lots of spots and angst, it is possible that you are right on some parts and other peoples views are JUST as valid as yours.

Perhaps we  should have five bike grids to keep the naysayers happy, that would be really entertaining. 

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

No Speed Defecit?

If you look at race speed's then maybe but in the race the riders are slipstreaming so if Brad for example comes onto the home straight right behind Marquez he can sit in the hole in the air and acheive a similar speed, if you look the guys that finished near the front had the best top speeds, hell even super size Scott was only 4kph off. I prefer to look at the practice times.

FP1, 1st Espargaro 274.4, 20th Smith 262.9

FP2, 1st Espargaro 271.2, 8th smith 267.9 (got a tow somewhere perhaps)

FP3, 1st Luthi 273.0, 31st Smith 264.6

Warm Up, 1st Takahashi 280.1, 26th Smith 271.6

Bit of a differance I think you would agree. Also no-one here knows exactly how developed each bike is, all I know is that Neil Spalding said quite clearly on the Eurosport commentary that Bradley's bike was the same basic bike that was wheeled out at the beginning of 2010. The Mistral 610.

As for Scott Redding, I think he's an epic rider, the fact he takes it to guys that weigh about as much as his undercrackers is fantastic, his ride at Aragon was fucking amazing, the pass in Iannone had me jumping out of my seat but he I think most other people on here feel the same so I dont feel the need to come on here and big him.

One last thing, If Herve didnt rate Bradley and didnt want him he would just have found a way to break the contract, fact he hasn't says a lot to me.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Tobyj

call yourself a Brit supporter, hang your head in shame, you like ganging up on somebody that has an opinion, you think I don't read what you write, of course I do, but it doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned. oh call yourself a Brit supporter, Tom Sykes has just put the performance of the year in Superpole WSB and how many posts are on there!! get your ass on there and have a look., one Brit supporter, that backs a racer, hang your head in shame.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs

read my reply to Tobyj, you're another so called Brit supporter, so get your arse onto Tom Syke's thread, he's an achiever. By the way he rides in WSB if you've not heard of him. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices