Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 Yamaha crew unchanged for Bradley Smith in 2013

Bradley Smith's challenge to become a competitive force in MotoGP next season will be masterminded by vastly experienced crew chief Guy Coulon. The 21-year-old had expressed interest in moving to Tech 3 Yamaha with his current Moto2 crew chief Tom Jojic, who has previously worked with Team Roberts, Kawasaki and Honda in MotoGP. It has been confirmed though that Coulon, who is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 October 2012 10:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

UNEMPLOYED

Corn bowl are you unemployed and sad because you seem to spend your whole time on this forum . Get a life and get a bike.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Corn b.....................

Your assumptions astound me !

At no stage have I stated any allegiance or preference. However along with your ability to know the vehicle unknown people drive and HOW they drive it, you also seem to be able to tell people their actual preference and real beliefs.

Here was me thinking I love motorcycling and motorcycle sport and I'd prefer to see the British riders do well; but if not then the spectacle of very skilled people doing something I can't. Is still VERY special.

I now discover that the cornovoirant really knows what I like, and this is so confusing. Do I really like plain chocolate digestives and rugby League, etc etc etc

You are amazing, are you are the Derren Brown of motorcycling sport world ?

Is it possible I hold other thoughts as yet unpublished on the great MCN forum, well of course only you will know the answer.

I am left wondering, why all the bile and hate, "Us Lot" might agree with lots you have said.

You could ask me what I think of Tom Sykes and his achievements, or Leon Haslam, at the end of the day it will make no difference to their performance and results. History will take care of it ... .... unless you know otherwise. 

TJ

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Ratchetman

Wow, another  clairvoiant, dropping down the inteligence level, can't offer a defence so back to the derisory comments. Nice to see you popped a good word in for Tom, pity a so called Brit hater had to point the way, looser. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Tobyjugs

you sound like a another lazy college student, studying some obscure useless project like 'how many cats eyes there are in a mile'. Us lot, you're another Brit supporter pha, still haven't put one on for Tom yet, he's riding in WSB tomorrow, look for the words Tom Sykes, but don't tell anybody, he's a Brit. You're a friggin discrace.

I also agree with a lot of points that people make on here, but it doesn't change my opinion on Sir Bradley.

And the answer to the little question I set you at the start, college boy, is 'twice as many as aresholes'  

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Try not to post after drinking

Alcohol, CornB..... .............. ....... ... ... .... ... ... ... .... .. ...

As generally it doesn't actually read the way you thought you wrote it.

Try endorphins, it may help with the anger.

Cheers TJ

PS Your powers maybe waining, as the last time I was in college studying was 1982.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Facts Cornbowl - what facts?

My opinion is based on fact, I'm not going into for the umpteenth time

The only facts you quote are statistics. Your opinion of Smith as a rider is just that and you can have it, but don't make out it is based upon fact. Everything you have said about him is your supposition but with no real fact to back it up.

You continually bang on about him not having a podium. As you say, we've covered this before, or tried to, but you side-step it every time. The statistics you judge Smith on can also be applied to Stoner circa 2006 but you won't acknowledge that. You wouldn't have given him a factory Motogp ride with your criteria as he'd won no titles up to then.

Let's take Redding, who you rate highly against Smith. Who has most wins? - Smith. Fastest laps? - Smith. Poles? - Smith. Podiums? - Smith. Not a bad set of FACTUAL stats is it for someone you don't rate against someone you do.

You slate him because he hasn't won a title. How many good racers, cars or bikes, didn't win titles or even races for a considerable period of their careers because they didn't have good enough equipment? Quite a few. You only have to look at Mansell, one of the best racers there has been - how long before he even got a podium in F1, never mind a win or title. Because he was talentless? No, but again, by your criteria circa 1984, you wouldn't have given him a decent team/car because he was.

As a fact, you nor anyone else on this forum knows how good the bike is that Smith has, so any opinion you have on how well he is riding it has no basis in fact. As much as I hate the pontificating twats on TV and their opinions of certain riders, I have no reason to disbelieve Spalding in what he says about Smith's bike. If it's correct, how do you expect him to podium or win on it. I don't know how good his team mate is, but where is he? Smith's destroyed him in results.

Your prediction that Smith won't podium in Motogp next year will most likely be true, but not because he is talentless. How is a rookie going to put a satellite bike on the podium when he's up against Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez on the four best bikes on the grid. Cruthlow will be in his 3rd season, second on the same bike so beating him will be a tall order. Bradl and Bautista both in their 2nd years on the same bike, Bradl's is near Repsol spec. Then there are the two factory Ducatis, no-one knows how good they will be next year, plus the two factory spec satellite bikes with two handy riders on them. All with a few years in Motogp behind them. But by your measure, if he isn't beating them from the begining, he's a failure.

And you told someone else to get real?

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Ssssshhhhhhh

CornB you must keep your powers in check.

Bradley doesn't get knighted until 2018.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

well i'm irish

and i think bradley will be very competitive next year, as we the (micks) have no competitive riders in motogp i'll back the british riders any day.  cornbowl you make the argument about sykes and the like, but to date i have not seen any detirmental comments about these riders on this post?! i think sykes is one of the best riders out there and eugene is also adapting to the aprillia, these guys at some time may earn their spurs in the motogp.  as far as i'm concerned smith has done brilliantly with the hand he has been dealt. look at the facts bradley has done no worse than some of the other riders circulating in moto2 at present, iannone has got a good ride and marquez well of course he's doing well his bike is streets ahead of the rest and he's a pencil neck like most of the latino riders, which means he weighs nothing.  smith and redding are getting too big for this series, i'm surprised how the hell they're keeping up.

my prediction 5th next year for cal and 7th for smudger...

yours aye...

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

that's a big post, but as you say it's all been covered before. I'm not going to comment on F1 because I don't have any interest in it, apart from the relationship with John Surtees, which will never be repeated.

In your last paragraph, you are actually saying the same thing I'm saying, I'm not expecting him to get on the podium, because you seem to realise like I do, he's leaving Moto2 an under achiever, so he moves to MotoGP with two other fast talented Moto2 riders, and when you stack up the rest of the field in MotoGP, we're looking at Nicky, some say useless Spies (I don't think so), Bradl - promising talented and quiet, Rossi - Oh I forgot he's a looser, no chance, just a 9 times champion, then we've got Dani, Dovi & Lorenzo, also Sir Bradley's  team mate Cal, now I count them plus a couple of other quick guys, quite a big hurdle for a no podium Moto2 rider to beat, so I think that looks like 10th.  Rea, with two rides in MotoGP did, in my opinion, very well, and would have liked to have seen him back for a third, but that's not going to be, and that's why my opinion is unchanged.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Tobyjugs

Shh be superquiet, it's not 2018, it's 2015 that's when they chuck him out of MotoGP and Sir Bradley secures a ride in British Supersport, posters are already being printed and stockpiled lol. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices