Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati boss not surprised Valentino Rossi rejected 2013 offer MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati boss not surprised Valentino Rossi rejected 2013 offer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati boss not surprised Valentino Rossi rejected 2013 offer

Ducati boss Filippo Preziosi has admitted that he wasn’t surprised that Valentino Rossi rejected a multi-million pound offer to finish his MotoGP career with the Bologna factory. Not even the weight of support of new owners Audi could help Ducati persuade Rossi to sign a new two-year deal after a disastrous stint on board a factory Desmosedici. Having scored just three podium...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 October 2012 10:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Win win situation

Preziosi's D16 brainchild won races every year barring 2004,2011 and as of now 2012. So he and Ducati win by virtue of losing Rossi. Rossi wins by virtue of pocketing a load of cash out of the deal. Ducati gained sponsorship and focus with Rossi. Rossi gained a lesson in humility. Winners all round.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

legends and reality

ah yes that old chestnut LEGEND ROSSI ,he could win on any bike etc,the goat etc, the truth is rather different,his greatest talent is for getting his own way,the man is a complete brat.just your average legend really.FOGGY/DOOHAN/STONER/BIAGGI}

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Legendary for the average goat

Fellipo Preziosi is one of them if you like Ducati's. Villains if you don't. Dr.Fabio Taglion L2D2, Massimo Bordi L2 D4,Fellipo L4D16.

Japanes giants Kawasaki and Suzuki wilted under the Ducati/Preziosi minnows pressure circa 2003 onwards.

Oh yeah. Chris Vermeulen did win 1 with the Suz.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wosi/sheep/revbeny/hmm/bb

wosi has got it well done, bb i dont expect you or woolly sheep parts muncher understand any given logic to anything other than knowing dovi personally and thinking he was better than doohan, but seriously get yourself trackside and then maybe you wont spout shite you read to much. a personal opinion is more noticable than a jerno's theory so stop trying to be one. or 2 or 3, just jump you have nothing to live for.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

sprints955

so by your logic, the list you've mentioned are all average, what about the shit load, 85%, that means a lot, if you've not learnt percentages yet, that have been, gone and still in MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3, WSB etc., and never achieved a damn thing from start to finish, where do those loosers come in to your reckoning.  

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

nope

im not a better fan than than anyone and did not say that did i?, you asumption of this suggests stupidity, i am reffering to your knowlegde of you agree with or with your self the dovi toucher.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

smarter

well i now know you aint hmmm or whoever tha t maybe so i apologise for this honestly.

as far as the gap from stoner to hayden whoooo. well thats a tough one but here goes, yamaha and honda cuaght up within the rule changes e.g. better suited to the tyres and a stronger top end, now we are in 1000cc again its all about the chassis and electronics package unlike the old version's(honda v5,kawasaki ducati ect) which had less elcetronics aid if im correct, as far as to this seasons lap times are compared with 2 years ago ,it does have a lot down to sticking your neck out a bit more, i just dont think rossi and hayden have been willing to do what stoner did and ride the thing. im not a stoner bummer or a rossi basher but thats how i see it, i also see the rule changes the main reason for stoner quiting but also maybe because of a slight honda not getting their own way and he is laeving when he feels he has done his best.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pat yourselves on the back..

..day in, week out you're here..which in my book makes you all real fans. Fkin hardcore.

At the cathederal of free speaking forum, we don't mince about. Life can be a bit fraught at times, we disagree more often than not..but still turn up, eager for more banter and yes. sometimes informed opinion and reasonable debate.

I take my sun & moon hat off to the lot of you.

Respec' bothers..I mean brothers.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

wosihound

Real fans watch the racing and are totally unbiased and level headed...but f**ck thats boring hence mcn forum full of know it all my riders better than yours fans....respect mother f**kers and rossi fans

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

???????????

Ducati boss not surprised Valentino Rossi rejected 2013 offer.

wow that man must be realy smart.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices