You are in... Forums > General > General > Crappy weather

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Crappy weather

it's rained every single time I've taken the bike out for about two months now.   Saturday is supposed to be a blessed gap, finally the leathers can get dried out.  

Here's hoping tomorrow will be a great, if possibly final,  truly decent day for riding this season.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 October 2012 22:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

JP

is that a Hawaiian burger you have there :unsure::smile

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

OMG

It was fecking freezing and raining then a bit of sun but there was about 20 of us ended up in Ballater. Now home waiting for my bones to warm up, I wore three tops a jacket then a big fleece:blink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The

weather buggered me as the zip failed on my bloody jacket... again. Thinking duct tape.

Wasn't cold enough for anything more than a t shirt under the jacket though.... probably so filthy all the pores and so on are clogged up with filth.

EDIT - think I should get a Daytona 675R for winter?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
j_skearney

Aug 06

j_skearney says:

Leg it then!

:sunglasses: I remember I was in the UK,  every weekend I was ready to head out...I look up and rain, my heart sank....I still rode but it's not as much fun.  So I finally had enough and moved to Cyprus.  Now the only problem is keeping cool :smile

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Cyprus ?

I was there for a months detatchment with the RAF at Akrotiri in the late 80's during the time the island was partitioned. Am I right in thinking it's no longer partitioned ? can you get from one end to the other with no hassle ? Lovely place :smile

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

posting

Cypus..sunshine posting :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Yep !

I had a ball for a month, I went on an APAC with a Phantom Sqn, I was supposed to work in the MT workshop but the Cypriots fitters would have none of it, thought their jobs were being threatened so I spent mornings at the flight line and afternoons at the beach, evenings in the NAAFI. My eldest lad's first posting in the RAF Regiment was to Cyprus and totally ruined him, he thought the whole regiment was like that, a sunshine posting, reality hit home when he was posted to Catterick :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
j_skearney

Aug 06

j_skearney says:

Cyprus ?

There is still a buffer zone but you can come and go as often as you like now.  It's great for bikers, the locals seem to love bikes and there are some amazing roads, especially since half the island is mountains.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

OOH mountains !

we're in Spain and most of my riding is in mountains now. The first few times I crapped myself, big drops and if you go over it's end game but since I got the Triumph it holds no fears for me, I don't take the big thing up there (1700 Kawasaki Vulcan) and not on a Sunday when the loony Spanish streetfighters are wazzing around after a brekkie that may include brand and wine :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

APAC?

American performing arts college? Learn to tap, did you? :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN