Skip to content

Ask an Expert GSF 600 K1 - Low end power problem Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > GSF 600 K1 - Low end power problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

flakmatt

Aug 11

flakmatt says:

GSF 600 K1 - Low end power problem

Hi Everyone,

A few months back I had an engine service (cam timing etc...) and since then the bike would "splutter" around 5000-7000 rpm. It also didn't start without giving it some throttle.

Since then I've had my restrictor taken off (2 years has flown by) and my carbs serviced (they were pretty clean apparently) with new inlet rubbers. This morning it was great but this afternoon it had real trouble starting and has very little power until 4000rpm. At one stage in stationary traffic it just died and took ages to start up again. 

It had run down to empty (reserve as well) but just got to the garage in time to fill it back up this morning and was fine onwards from there but this afternoon is when the problem started. Could sediment in the tank clog up my carbs? :doubt:

Thanks for looking :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 October 2012 18:08)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

carbs

hi bud , was the bike ok before the service? i cant see why the garage would 'adjust' cam timing .i would take it back to where you got it done and get them to recheck inlet for leaks ,also you may have got some crap in the carbs if its run low , more info if you can.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

power loss

As albert88 says more info on this (cam timing/chain renewal/valve clearances/which/what) engine service.

From what you say it`s fuel starvation,

have you tried riding/running the bike with the fuel tap in "PRI" position to bypass the fuel tap diaphragm?

Have you any fuel in the fuel tap suction pipe leading to the nearest carb intake manifold? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices