Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Alarm Removal

Hi folks.

I recently picked up a 2007 T100 Bonneville which came fitted with a Datatool S4 alarm. I don't want the alarm, I went to start up my bike this morning and found it had drained the battery *not happy*, also I keep my bike in a lock up five minutes from my house so even if it was going off i'm not going to hear it. 

Anyway I took the seat off and found a white plug (see picture) coming from the alarm which plugs into the bike, if i undo this is that the alarm removed?

Thanks in advance :tongue:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 October 2012 20:45)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

I had a

similar problem with my Bandit, it turned out to be a loose earth connection on the battery itself, now I can leave it for weeks and it will still start....

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

alarm

smidget,  most of what you say is correct,but modern alarms only draw half a milliamp, that is not enough to drain a healthy battery very quickly.

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

James600zx

Reading through the links in Jaffas post it looks like it might be difficult getting a plug off Triumph unless you give the bike to them and they do it! I'll phone anyway see whats what. I like the solar panel idea will look into it.

Smidget

The two eyelet terminals; one is the neg to the battery and the other is the neg to to optimate, fitted by the previous owner.

I was looking through the Datatool manual today and there is a winter mode you can select which operates the alarm at a lower voltage, i will use this in the mean time while i figure out what i am going to do.

Thanks for the help guys :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Update

Well I don't like leaving these thing at a loose end, so in case this helps anyone else out in the future here's what I done. 

I learned to live with the alarm and all was going well until I got pissed off again, setting it self off while filling up and the slightest breeze drove the thing to start screaming like a banshee. So I asked the same question on the RAT forum and was given a part number for a blanking plug.

I emailed Triumph Edinburgh and they had one in stock for £11.89. Excellent. So I popped along last weekend and picked one up for £3.65 (confused me too, but I'm not complaining). I don't know if this will fit all Datatool alarms or just ones fitted to Triumph's. I was talking to the guy about them being hard to get a hold of etc and he'd never heard about this but they've got plenty in stock. Fitted it today and works like a dream. :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

frazmataz

Pleased you sorted it in the end.

Many thanks for the update it is good that you have completed the story and I for one am grateful you took the time to do so.

Just wish more folks would do the same.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Frazmataz, Me to,so pleased to here you have sorted

your pesky alarm problem,and as with Smidget i too am very pleased to hear that you have kept us all up to date,if more people gave feedback,especially if there is a good solution,more people could read these comments and know a direction they would be best or not to follow,very well done sir:smile 

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Part Number

Cheers guy's, it was nothing  :biggrin:

I forgot to add the part number which is T2500369 and an additional picture here.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle