Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

Tom Sykes did everything he could to wrestle the WSB crown away from Italian Max Biaggi, but was ultimately denied the title by just 0.5 points. In a tense finish to the 2012 WSB season, Biaggi finished in fifth place which was just enough to secure the big prize and his sixth world title and second WSB crown. Sykes said: “On...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 October 2012 18:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Bugger what ifs

Sykes rode a blinder this season and put Kawaski with a great result best in years ! BUT its all just a race remember Lascorz, that poor guy lays in a hospital and I wish him a good recovery that makes his life much more comfortable n good .

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Interesting Season

Surprised by a great deal this year. I thought the title would be between Checa and Haslam. The latter has really had a disappointing season and Melandri has proved that he is the one on the BMW.

Well done to Max. What can you say. The guy is a true legend.

Sykes has really shown that he is Britain's No 2 rider after Cal.

Amazed that after last season's result in BSB that Hopkins was not challenging. Where is he going next.

Would love to see Tommy Hill on a competitive WSBK ride for next year.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Impressed Iam

Briliant finale to a very exiting season, congrats to Max and commiserations to Tom. Edhe of the seat race.

Moto GP had better watch out as in my opinion WSB is far superior as regards quality,quantity and entertainment, to say nothing of the personalities involved.

Glad George got a mention by Tom at the end, a very fitting tribute.

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

Biaggi bashing - Stop it and grow up!

Facts of the matter as follows:

Max is a 6 time world champion

He and Rossi are the only World Champions to span the old school riders with the new 'Playstation Generation'... (traction control? wheelie control? etc etc) and, lets face it, Max and Rossi are still the best in the business today!

And, you know that on a level playing field, with equal machinery, equal backing that the brawl the whole motorcycling world would be watching in the 'who is the best post-Rainey champion' fight would be Rossi vs. Biaggi... (before anyone throws Mick Doohan into the mix, I never rated Doohan, never will... he only started winning when Schwantz and Rainey were sadly no longer racing... and Max rattled his cage in a BIG way in his rookie 500 year... hence Doohan's attitude towards Max... remember???)

And I know that my money would be on Mr Biaggi for sure... his corner speed, his race-craft, his ability to win championships in last race 'winner takes all' battles cannot be challenged (check your stats chaps - the vast majority of Max's titles were won in last race battles with his rivals...

Knock it on the head and respect a true champion. The guy is a legend!

Congratulions Max - job done - job well done! :-)

You are living proof that class, talent and ability does not age... Respect! Stick around next year and do it all again... ;-)

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

And another thing...

Max is actually a really nice guy too... I had the pleasure of meeting him twice and he always takes time out to meet his fans...

As I said - Congratulations Max - nice to see a little balance returning to the world of motorcycle racing.

Tom's time will come for sure - a definite class act... And so will Cal's... another fine product of British racing... but for now gents, let us 'old school guys' take comfort in an old school classy champion doing the business once again! :-)

Reply to this Topic
robbo737

Oct 12

robbo737 says:

sykes

tom sykes rode a legendary race today but was beaten by aprilia not just biaggi team orders and all wot happened to the best man wins eugene laverty hang your head in shame for even thinkin about takin part in ge ge devilles games tom you won fair an square in my eyes and not just cos  your from gods country like myself wot a finish to a season tho awesome racing bring on 2013

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Max

Im in no way shape or form a Biaggi supporter , cant stand the man , but he did well this year , real shame for Tom , hes done great

Reply to this Topic
meffomcn

Oct 12

meffomcn says:

Congrats to Max and Tom

@richard1967

Same here, I'm not a Max supporter but I think he deserved to wind the championship.

I think Tom is going to be the strogest rider in the circus next year. I like very much his style either on of off the bike. I'm going to support him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

ffs

give it a rest, biaggi is one lucky tw@t, how you can say he deserved it is a joke, the bloke did everythng he could to fuck it up, with all his exerience it should of been a walk in the park, cant stand the bloke, and like robbo737 says, shame on you eugene.

Reply to this Topic
ricardosanchez

Feb 10

Laverty did nothing wrong...

I am a Yorkshireman and a Biaggi fan...

A title is won over a season not a race...

I guess counting is beyond the skill set of you Biaggi knockers...

Pick the sweetcorn outta that! ;-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices