Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

Tom Sykes did everything he could to wrestle the WSB crown away from Italian Max Biaggi, but was ultimately denied the title by just 0.5 points. In a tense finish to the 2012 WSB season, Biaggi finished in fifth place which was just enough to secure the big prize and his sixth world title and second WSB crown. Sykes said: “On...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 October 2012 18:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Big Knockers?

I only have a go at Biaggi as a person I dont think I could stand 2 minutes with , His riding is brilliant , Leecho as daft as it sounds I agree  Biaggi has had some shit rides this year yeah , but the blokes won it AGAIN. The other challenges and challengers were too inconsistent . Haslam hasnt been anywhere near all year , Toms been the one to challenge Biaggi but hes had some tyre  issues at the start of the year and that left him 1/2 point down . Melandri has been great but just not on it all season , hot and cold ,and Checa just didnt seem to have his heart in it .Reas bikes a pile of shit , and the 2nd string Aprilias are just that.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

A market flooded by bloody Poms and still trounced by a semi-retired Italian midget... fk me!

Seriously though, good stuff from Shaggy and disappointed not to see him pull it off but that's how the cock flops I spose. Italian champion on an Italian bike, not something you'll see in motoGP anytime soon eh Wosi?

I've swayed a bit recently, thinking some more cost cutting restrictions in the series will be a good thing cause the machinery is already fast enough and if it brings more international flavor (maybe yanks and Aussies) it can't be all bad. Unfortunately, with that chrome domed Spanish knob swallower Ezpeleta pulling the strings, it'll be more good luck than good management.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bring back the old days

MacKenzie , Fogarty , Reynolds , Rob Philis , Ant Gobert , Scott Russel , John Kocinski , yeah those were the days . AAh nostalgia aint what it used to be .

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Ricardosanchez

* Doohan won his first title when Schwantz was still racing. He almost won it in 1992.

* Biaggi rattled his cage? Don't make me laugh! More like Rossi rattled Biaggi's cage when he became the perpetual choker under pressure.

* Any of the top guys in MotoGP today would whip Biaggi head to head on the same machine IMO.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're prolly right Bob..

..mind you, don't think anyone will be taking the title on a Ducati for some time?

At least not until Casey makes a come back..If he can get over being sacked from his spiritual home for developing the bike backwards and holidays without a sicknote.

Biggest problem though, will be getting a free pass from the war department to bunk off from nappy duties..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Max

Congratulations Max. By far the best rider out there and deserved to win.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

WSB

Great series all year. Nowhere near as predictable as other Championships. From what I saw yesterday, the only person not disappointed with Tom's result was Tom! He was gracious in defeat, as was Biaggi in victory. The question is, will Max defend his title in 2013?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, yet again you try and mislead..

..You say "..his sixth, is to all the bollock brained #27ers who reckon Rossi had it easy beating this fella.." Lets look at the facts. in 2000 there was a 39 point difference between the 2 with Rossi taking the honours, in 2001 that increased to 106 and increased again to 140 in 2002. The closest Biaggi could get to Rossi after that was a points haul of 87 in 2004, but got smoked again in 2005 when the difference was a massive 194! As Wayne Rainey pointed out, there was no rivalry between the 2 of them, Valentino had the beating of him hands down. The class just wasn't as strong as it is today, if Max was riding in GP's today, he'd be a lonely desolate figure dreaming of the days he was poking Naomi...!

Let's not try and pretend he made Rossi's life difficult. He didn't.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Bring back the good old days...

Good racing to the end - however....

IMO, still doesnt come close to the raging days of Foggy / Corser / Baylis / Edwards / Haga / Yanigawa / Slight / Hodgson...  The list goes on...

Bikes were more like the 'Buy it on a Friday, race it on a Sunday' ethos which has been lost from the series (no electronics, lesser performing tyres) and so the racing was much closer.

Maybe Dorna can give us back some of that magic next year?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You need to look at the consistency in the series to get a gauge of their quality.

Melandri was always a crasher in motoGP and Max was erratic as all christ! Nothings changed! That's why I don't see a lot of hope for Rea (hope I'm wrong!) and why Simoncelli was never gonna be anything other than the odd Sunday spectacle more famous for his fkn haircut than his ability.

Read Rea's opinion on the 'limit' of the bridgestones and you'll appreciate how far off these blokes really are. Doesn't mean a younger man won't learn but old habits die hard.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices