Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB Magny Cours: Sykes win race two, Biaggi wins title by 0.5points

Tom Sykes did everything he could to wrestle the WSB crown away from Italian Max Biaggi, but was ultimately denied the title by just 0.5 points. In a tense finish to the 2012 WSB season, Biaggi finished in fifth place which was just enough to secure the big prize and his sixth world title and second WSB crown. Sykes said: “On...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 October 2012 18:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Wow

Simoncelli was never gonna be anything other than the odd Sunday spectacle more famous for his fkn haircut than his ability.

Clearly someone knows fuck all about proper racing

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Bob - I talk out of my buttamasangy...

Jeeeeeeezzzz.....  Clearly you only read about Sic in hello and never saw him race, plus you failied to see Marco coming second only to Rossi in 05, Rea jumping from tyre typre to tyre type and still putting that bike where it is, Max - 6th world title...

DIME......

.............. BAR!

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

TAKE IT TO THE MAX!

Congrats to Max and Aprilia for their championship. .5 of a point to win now thats a championship to get behind. Thanks to Tom Sykes for some great runs.. just wish you could have translated some of the poles to wins.. at least it looked liked that late race fade problem was solved yesterday!? Just glad we got some different manufacturers to the front this year besides the same ole same ole. Already cant wait for next year, hopefully Rea will get a good wing man hopefully Baz will run at the front in the dry, hopefully Suzuki will be competative all year and hopefully Yamaha will return.. Thanks for the great season guys!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Well they do say its better to be lucky than good

and it seems Max is living proof of this. Had Melandri and Baz stayed on, Biaggi would have been 6th or 7th and not made it. But of course we could talk all day about what ifs! The fact is that Max scored more points than anybody else. Just. So well done to him, and I was glad to see him act with grace and humility in victory.

However, I still can't shake that nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Shouldn't the winner be the guy who was consistently the best and fastest rider over the full season? When you realise that Syko has led more race laps than anybody else on the grid put together(!) then you can't help but feel like it was thr wrong result. Stroll on 2013.

Reply to this Topic
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

WSBK

Just wanted to say, awesome season, great racing, puts MOTOGP to shame.

Man of the year for me is Tom Sykes, always rated him as a rider and this year he has proved what a great rider he is and the Kawasaki isn't the best bike on the grid. I really hope he can take the confidence and the team can take the lessons learned this year and give him a stronger package to challenge again next year. What I also like about Tom, he tells you how it is (Bit like Edwards) no bullshit just straight to the point. 

Also, a shout out to Rae, I know he gets a bit of grief for crashing a fair bit but that boy can ride a bike. Lets hope Honda pull their fingers out their arses and help Ten Kate give him a better package.

Roll on 2013, lets hope its even better than this year.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Seasonal Blues

What a season - it had it all...

Flag to flag races with a total of 9 different race winners and 5 different manufacturers winning races.

Aprilia with 7 wins
Ducati with 7 wins
BMW with 6 wins
Kawasaki with 5 wins
Honda with 2 wins

Heros were made in Tom Sykes - who would have though that from the burning greem embers (sic) of the PB kawasaki squad would rise the pheonix in the form of Grinner who would make the big K a force to be reckoned with - 9 x superpoles anyone... more podiums than anyone... a season to be proud of and the closest ever finish in WSBK history.

Biaggi played to type - a rider of excellence, smooth and fast but inconsistent. Won the title through graft but tried to loose it too many times, still, to bounce back from the race 1 crash and do enough to win was exactly what he needed to do... better to win the title than walk away with sciffed leathers as did Melandri.

Melandri - took the BMW to the edge, won races and lost friends, proved to be a hard racer but maybe heartless too.. Donnington a touch to far - or was that JR?

Brilliantly performed by all but Sykes - the stand out rider amongst the MotoGP rejects - gained most and, ultimately lost it all. R2 yesterday showed he has the pace, heart and style to be one of the best... roll on 2013 and Sykes being THE best!

Reply to this Topic
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

Kawasyke ZX-10

It looks like Tom Sykes became an unofficial WDC crowned by people in several racing forums (with all respect to Biaggi!) and regarding the progress made with ZX-10 Sykes can be put alongside Rossi as M1 and Stoner as Desmosedici polishers. Even Corser in '05 or Biaggi in '10 could find themselves more comfortably as their bikes were visibly faster then any others at that time.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Boomerang

First off,congrats to Max. Tom,well what's half a point. Ducati.....Ha Ha Ha. Based on race 2,had the old 1198 not been choked and weighted, Tom may well have been the first Brit to lift the crown since whomever.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I thought it was great how max decided to sit out the first race, to give the rest a chance, top bloke made a proper show of it. Before coming out in the 2nd and showing em who's the daddy, you gotta love him

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Golden

era was the 500 2strokes, bring 'em back, less gadgets, more rider skill. On another note, let's not forget that Rossi took on Max's Yamaha, then developed it and showed him how it should be ridden, that's why it's where it is today, it'll be interesting to see how Rossi will go on it next year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices