You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Cadwell park

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Cadwell park

yesterday was a bloomin awful day! Know its only club racing but was all set for supporting two crews and watching team fastbikes try and catch them up...

First lap of qualifying and dean binned the R1 and they nearly wouldnt let him get the bike back-took them half hour to let them wheel it to the pits and get it rescruitineered...

The 3 hour enduro started off ace with deano getting a 25 second lead but then the first red flag put team quickshift (deano and martin)  a lap behind coz the pace car should have come out in front of dean (in 1st) but didnt, second red flag and was watching for the other team-piston broke (loz and pep) catching them and loz never came past....

Bike lost back end coming up to hall bends, then gripped went straight into tyre wall on left and highsided loz over the wall into the armco.... completely smashed ankle and looking at the R1 he's bloomin lucky! Got back out for the last hour and martin was black and orange flagged for having a broken rear brake-his bolt had come off the gear changer and coz he didnt realise until he'd passed pit lane they took it that he was ignoring it and wouldnt let him go back out...gutted aint the word coz they really were all set to win!

Team quickshift-you were robbed-team fastbikes I cant wait to read your report :lol:

Loz-get well soon mate and robin hope to god you forgive me for making an arse of packing your beloved campervan up!

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 October 2012 20:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I raced against Team Quickshift in Cadwell last year. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Eeeee...

Nice story Evlcatnw...

What happened to the happy ending??????      :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

cadders

cadwell is lovely to blast round on...took me zzr last year..fun times!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Hey Cat

just heard about it from your other half (finally got into my emails) sounded dreadful

And is there an art to packing campervans????

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

yep

fuzzr... u might recognise this one laying it on thick how he bent the bike on the first warm up lap of qualifying... no idea how on earth he didnt lose his rag tho... his poor mrs lol

Deano was laughing coz he'd just licked his mates face the minger... tried to get a pic of all the mud on deano and the scrapes but camera on phone is pants lol

Good lads and would have had a better day apart from the circumstances! Will hopefully be doing a track day or two myself next year.... no limits have already got the trackdays and races lined up so hopefully they'll be better equipt to deal with issues... dont rate msv at all...

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

ps

rach you get the bikes in first, strap them down and shove everything else around them... when you get to where u need to go u put the gazebo up, take the bikes out and empty everything you can into the front lol! U only have room for a bed to be up in the back :lol:

Use under the van for storing water, leaving ur unused burner, table etc.... no idea how robin packed everything into the vw tho!! She had fridge, hob, sink, george foreman the lot lol!

Its mainly trial and error rach-dont try and cram two into a ready bed made for one because u cant fasten it up and the 'larger' one of u cant turn over... single mattress, several blankets plus two double sleeping bags would keep u warm enough but u have to put the blankets loosly over u before putting the sleeping bag on and doing it up... and thermals-lots of thermals...

Apart from feeling rotten, being miserable and in pain and looking an idiot i enjoyed it-opened my eyes a bit and hopefully i'll get to see everyone again-good bunch :biggrin:

FB blokes were kinda lovely too-only took the mickey a bit

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Cat

Are No Limits doing an endurance series next year or is it still MSV?

Me and a mate are going to enter the 4 MSV events on my R1.
Just asking if there are other options......Whats the problem with the MSV side of things?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Hey Cat

let me know what track days you're doing matey.

Could be a good year next year:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I should be doing quite a few next year alongside the racing. Let us know and we'll all have a meet up somewhere. Mabe a likkle shindig in the evening. :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Fuzz

sounds good to me, lthough you do know I piddle along in the novice.

But a weekend could sound like a plan:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle