Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should full riding kit be a legal requirement? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should full riding kit be a legal requirement?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should full riding kit be a legal requirement?

Helmets are currently the only item of protective clothing which must be worn while riding a motorcycle in the UK, although in some places around the globe no protective clothing is required. Is a helmet enough, or should we legally have to wear more? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 October 2012 16:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

No to nanny state!

No chance. 

While I think people who ride in t-shirt, shorts and trainers are utter tools, I don't think the law should stop them.  Let them ride in whatever they want so long as they obey the rules of the road.  If they come off & end up in a disco-taxi then they will learn the hard and skinless way.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Protection

should be used at the riders discression. Most riders will buy a helmet and leathers anyway. Some harley riders like those WW2 style helmets that just go around the head with no face protection and choose to wear goggles.

If the rider cares about themself enough , they will buy protective gear , if they want to go out wearing nothing but shorts and t shirt well ...good luck to them...

Reply to this Topic
jm291264

Oct 12

jm291264 says:

riding kit?

what's the next step....mot's on our riding gear

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Lots of dangers

There are lots of dangers, and if one section of the community is chosen so should all the others eg

pedestrians - the most dangerous form of transport per mile

horse riders, cyclists, climbers, smokers, students, OAPs, children, garden centre users,

most accidents happen in the home so home owners and occupiers,

anyone using a kitchen knife,

Oh that will do!

Reply to this Topic
Ridefree

Jun 08

Ridefree says:

Lots of dangers

There are lots of dangers, and if one section of the community is chosen so should all the others eg

pedestrians - the most dangerous form of transport per mile

horse riders, cyclists, climbers, smokers, students, OAPs, children, garden centre users,

most accidents happen in the home so home owners and occupiers,

anyone using a kitchen knife,

Oh that will do!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Mandatory kit

No way - it is the individuals right to make their own choices. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Dumb Question?

how would that ever work? When we have a climate that changes so much. Who would Dictate what we should wear? How would We be Regulated? Tell you what, lets Target Mobile phone users first.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Sounds like an insurance scam..

to me, If you're involved in an accident and found not to be wearing the regulation "protection" then you're not insured.

Happy days.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

no as if they tell you to go and buy leather sutie it will put some people off as they cost a lot and i just wear a textil gear as it keep me warm and dry and i hope it does keep my skin if i fall off.

they allready stopped people using the pudding boll lids and thoes ww2 german helmet.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oi bmwgs

"leather sutie"s are so yesterday :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN