Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders?

Max Biaggi won his second World Superbike championship at the weekend by just 0.5points, ahead of Tom Sykes. Sykes won the final race, while Biaggi finished fifth. Biaggi's team-mate Eugene Laverty finished fourth after visibly slowing in the final laps of the race should his team-mate need the extra points. Is this fair? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 October 2012 17:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

stupid question

as team orders didnt matter , and if they had ,so what ?,whats the point in having a team if it doesn't work for the same end ,stupid stupid thread age old question same answer

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

i agree

If one rider has a chance to win the title and his teammate doesn't, especially at the final race weekend...are you kidding? Of course you should help your teamate. The " team" is obviously going to reinvest in the world champ, but they might not be as enthusiastic about said teammate if he costs them the champioinship. No brainer as everyone has already said. Where it gets murky is in the case of casey stoner. He could help dani by getting in between lorenzo and pedrosa thus allowing dani to claw back 9pts per race. The question is...should he help? Its murky as stoner is retiring. If he wasnt then obviously he should help, since he cant win title. However he is retiring he wants to go out on a high note, but that wont help dani. Personally i think he should help dani by slowing jorge down if he can, with the exception of phillip. There he should go for it guilt free. But for the rest he should try to help. Just my opinion....neither right nor wrong. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
440PROJECT

Sep 12

440PROJECT says:

Team Orders

Yes - A multi-rider team is designed to be better than a solo rider one. You have a greater attack of the championship and thats all that matters. OK, Eugine didnt need ot slow in the end, but you need every option available, Just in case!

No - I wanted Sykes to win.

Reply to this Topic
Twpsyn

Oct 12

Twpsyn says:

Stiggy

stupid question

Agree 100%.

Edit out all the bumph written here and there would be little left to pore over.

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Missing the point

I think many people are missing the point with this. Should laverty have let biaggi through, is not the same as should biaggi be allowed to benefit from team orders. For laverty's sake, he should let him through because his team wants to win and is paying his wages next year. Should biaggi have team orders? Hell no...if he isnt good enough to win fairly then he doesnt deserve the title. If his team mate gives him points to allow him to win, then this takes away the value of winning the title.

Reply to this Topic
nigelg79

Jun 12

nigelg79 says:

Yes he should

Its a team sport, there are two riders in that team and if one can help the other at an appropriate time (which is the main point here) then they should. They are being paid by the team and shouldn't forget that. That said, such a shame Tom couldn't quite nick it!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

if

i was laverty, i would off asked myself, would biaggi do the same for me, the answer would be a big NO, biaggi has never done anything for is team mates, and i still say he is 1 lucky mother, anyone thats seen that wheelie he saved on that nsr500 ffs.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

yes its fair, its not against the rules..

what should happen though is the scrapping of the half points for shortened races

Reply to this Topic
craigwebs99

Mar 06

craigwebs99 says:

It's bollocks like this poll that stops me buying MCN.....may as well read this sh*te on the net for nowt.....

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Yes. Especially last race of year. Ask Nori Haga what he thinks of team orders!

The whole Aprilia team was set up for Max to win the superbike title. His team mate will always be the number 2 rider.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle