Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should Biaggi have been allowed to benefit from team orders?

Max Biaggi won his second World Superbike championship at the weekend by just 0.5points, ahead of Tom Sykes. Sykes won the final race, while Biaggi finished fifth. Biaggi's team-mate Eugene Laverty finished fourth after visibly slowing in the final laps of the race should his team-mate need the extra points. Is this fair? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 October 2012 17:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

What are anyone's thoughts on Biaggi pointing his finger at Laverty after he crossed the line ?  My thought is that Biaggi didn't know the points situation as he crossed the line and was berating Laverty for not finishing behind him.  

Reply to this Topic
paul70

Oct 12

paul70 says:

I think biaggi was shown he needed a 5th place, so just a cospiracy theory.... On the other side why was baz eagerly battling with max, I guess just to help his team mate....

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Semi Warm Congrats...

God Damn it.  Sykes was has been super consistent this year and would've been a real boost to be crowned as another British Champion. Unquestionably the best mixed conditions rider.  0.5 Point, you can't lose a world championship by anything less!  Whilst he's gutted he must be well chuffed at being recognised for his determination. Why has he only been offered a 1 year contract with Kwaka though - it's the frist time they've come anywhere near close in years of winning a world title - unless that was his doing?  as for team rules - unfortunately there's nothing wrong with team mates helping you. Just have a chat to Stoner and see what his incentive for helping Pedrosa will be....  Congrats Biaggi can't think of a more deserving World Champ... (haha)...  "Laverty please slow down so the World Champ can catch you".  Nuff said.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Flip-side

What if Baz was still running, and Kwaka gave the order for him to "ease" a few laps, become lapped, and block/hinder Biaggi?

Some would call that unsportsmanlike... but then, so would "easing up" or even admitting to "giving away a podium" to your team-mate. It doesn't matter how you look at it, it taints the final result.

I suppose the only way you'll truly eradicate team orders is to make teams as single riders.

I'll just leave this here as a reminder: http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/183259/1/laverty_gave_away_podium_to_biaggi.html

Reply to this Topic
DorisM88

Oct 12

DorisM88 says:

Welcome to___Seekingbikers [Please Google it]___the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you'll find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together. lol

Reply to this Topic
paul70

Oct 12

paul70 says:

But in Portimao Laverty was free to win.... as mentioned before it's called team for something, and there will always be a 1st/2nd rider - the only ones not going for team orders it was when Haga lost the title and he lost the ride and the team director was sacked.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Bitter British Press???

Naahhh Just MCN baiting us to keep the old "Hit" rate up on the forum to keep the advertising revenues coming in. Count me in...... I am caught...... by a totally irrelevant 'Non" poll.

If you bother to watch the race Max won the title and was going to win regardless of what Eugene felt he should do or did. Biaggi didn't get to him in time to pass him anyway?

A British WSBK champion and on a Kawasaki would have made for a fairy tail ending sure, great idea. Tom and team have done an amazing job this season and I salute them for that. A title is a title but I fear that if Tom had taken it the detractors would have been many having watched the two real contenders this season squander 100's of points in the last few races for Tiger Tom to even be close in the hunt.

Half a point is a bitter pill to swallow but to somehow point fingers at Max and his team mate is just pathetic. I know MCN, let grow some integrity and run another poll. "Should Tom Sykes have just gone out and won race 1"? Then we wouldn' t be baiting some foolish forum followers making posts infering that Max and Aprilia did something wrong Sunday.

Tom knows how to get wins now and is on form even in the dry. I and many others hope to see this form continue and grow into a title won from the front next year and not on the back of poor track/weather conditions, mishaps, and bad luck. Sykes knows the score and it is no shame to lose a world title even by half a point to the wacky Roman Emperor. Well done to all and how to face another long winter without racing?

Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Ban pit boards!

Unless there's a serious problem with bike, teams shouldn't be able to communicate with riders once out on track, let the riders race the track n each other, if the guy out front eaks out a lead n eases off it makes it more entertaining for us when he gets caught! Let them work it out for themselves

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Ban pit boards!

Unless there's a serious problem with bike, teams shouldn't be able to communicate with riders once out on track, let the riders race the track n each other, if the guy out front eaks out a lead n eases off it makes it more entertaining for us when he gets caught! Let them work it out for themselves

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Ban pit boards!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices