Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

Casey Stoner says it will be crucial to understand the strength and mobility in his injured right ankle as the Australian prepares for a much-anticipated return to MotoGP action in Japan this weekend. The Repsol Honda rider has missed the last three races after his right ankle suffered serious ligament damage in a high speed crash during qualifying for the Indianapolis...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 October 2012 13:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Can't agree with the comparison to Spencer He won the 500 and the 250 championships in one season. No comparison

But does that mean they weren't similar riders in terms of style?

The heady days when Motogp riders competed in more than one class are long gone, a distant era. Last rider I remember doing it was Stefan Everts when he won the 125, 500 and 650 MX class races on the same day. Ryan Farquhar has won different classes if I remember correctly in the same meeting at Irish road races like Northwest 200, Ulster GP.

Love to see Stoner have a crack at both the Moto1 and Moto2 races as well in the last race at Valencia.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Spencer.

He rocked, then moved away while having so much more to give. Having said that, a stress free living has done him well. He still looks great.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

many riders have similar styles especially those who come up via dirt riding. Like you say different era different pond.   No comparison. Like Dice350 mentioned  Spencer rocked then moved away while having so much more to give   -   some comparison there then! 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So you're saying Stoner would have nothing more to give if he wasn't retiring?

What kind of blinkered reasoning is that?

Isn't it correct that Spencer didn't leave as champion, after his last championship win he didn't win another race in the next 3(?) years before retiring? Not really what you'd call moving away whilst having much more to give. I'm not deriding the man, just don't understand the comment in light of his last few seasons that were a drought? Unless I have it wrong, I'm no authoity on Spencer's career

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

No  I'm saying Stoner has got a lot more to give = Like Spencer in his day.   I seem to remember that there was rumour = same as Stoner = that he couldn't get his head round the issues and the pressure at that time.  Hence comparison therein.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

ok

I misunderstood - I thought your last line was a sarcastic one and you were saying the opposite.

Don't know enough about Spencer to know if any pressure got to him but wasn't it injury that finished his winning and finally caused him to give up?

Not sure Stoner's decision has anything to do with pressure, I just think he has genuinely had enough of all the bullshit that prevails in Motogp racing these days. He's nothing to prove and there seems nothing missing in his desire to just race, just not in this series.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Memory is vague now but Spencer  much to everyone's surprise went from winner to binner overnight.   As far as Stoner is concerned the next 4 races will tell whether he had a lot more to give - I would say yes and although I think you and I are on opposite sides of the fence  I would have loved to have seen the battle with Rossi re-commence next year.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

saturn392

"...Stoner = that he couldn't get his head round the issues and the pressure at that time.  Hence comparison therein."

I SAY, " Rossi = that he coulnd't get his ass round the issued and the pressure at this 2 years to tame beast. even after he ripped it apart. luckily furusawa came and gave suggestion to ducati, he improve so much. so you now can figure out why yamaha so great the past 5 years? don't thank rossi, thank furusawa. rossi just LUCKY enough nobody competitif to beat him!"

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

AND

DON'T FORGET THE NEW TITLE HE HAS NOW, CHICKEN CHAMPION. it suit him.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Motoking

What????    Man you do my head in !!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle