Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

Casey Stoner says it will be crucial to understand the strength and mobility in his injured right ankle as the Australian prepares for a much-anticipated return to MotoGP action in Japan this weekend. The Repsol Honda rider has missed the last three races after his right ankle suffered serious ligament damage in a high speed crash during qualifying for the Indianapolis...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 October 2012 13:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Forget back in the day

The time is now and almost the end of an era,stoner will be forever remembered.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR going large..

watch out Olly..hahaha

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Olly...

"He blames everyone and uses every excuse under the sun for when he's not winning"

You may be right but name me a modern MotoGP rider who doesn't & I'll come up with a dozen quotes that might suggest otherwise (2nd thoughts I won't... you can easily find them yourself).

These days the press keep us fed with an almost daily supply of quotes as riders fulfil their PR requirements & answer the flow of almost identical questions, whether they are winning, like Dani & JL, or struggling like Rossi... Rossi doesn't seek out Matt Birt or any of the others to have a whinge at, he's asked for his views on why he's struggling with the Ducati, & being a racer he'll blame everyone/everything else (they can't afford to have doubts in their own abilities)... I'm not saying Rossi (or Stoner) are wrong, but it's the way it's always been. If Rossi's 1st years in MotoGP had been with Ducati you'd be describing him exactly the same way 'cos it's easy to get the impression it’s all he's done for the last 2 years.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

boohoo..

Oh Come On Hedgey!..Stoner is a devout contrarian that takes the whinging Aussie stereotype beyond a joke.

Even his lovely wife had enough of his whining nasal twang and ordered him to quit.

The kid can ride a bike, no question..but OFF track, there has never EVER been such a negative, irritating, peevish little twat in the history of the sport.

There's good reason the moaner monicker has stuck like shit to a blanket.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

CHRainmaker

I like that the 'Stoner party line' seriously though I know most riders do have a whinge and a moan but fuck me Casey takes it to another level! if he's not on the top step then you know the crying will start, and yeah he is fast and he can ride a bike and yes he does look like the kiddies character POB but seriously give your mouth a day off!! And Hedgehog I grant you that the majority of riders do moan about why they arn't winning or putting good times in to a certain extent  but Casey does think the whole world is against him... 

Reply to this Topic
Chris Kam

Feb 08

Chris Kam says:

Stoners most famous quote!

Talking about quotes Hedgehog do you remember this one:

"Your ambition far outweighs your talent"?

To the gratest GP rider of all time! I rest my case your honour :-)

I liked Stoner for his tallent but he has jumped ship under presure and has no right to bad mouth the rest of the paddock. I have to agree with Olly and Wossi, when he makes statements like that Stoner loses all credibility!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Chris, are you blind?

Didn't you see my warning to Olly?..Right, where are my pliers...?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Weak Chris...

He was talking about a crash... when his ambition (to get round a corner fast) outweighed his tallent (to actually get round that corner fast wihout crashing)... what was actually wrong with that statement?... are you saying Rossi's ambition actually was to crash or intentionally take Stoner out, because as I see it that's the only goal he achieved that day... ? He was extremely lucky to be able to remount & recover 5th place from the shambles. Rossi - brilliant rider, but made a big mistake that day.

... & your favourite quote of his & you misquoted it?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"..what was actually wrong with that statement?"

To be fair to Casey, who most regard as a humour free zone, it was probably his best effort to date and without doubt meant tongue-in-cheek.

At the time he's just finished his final season at Ducati in which his talent outweighed his ambition to tame the Desmosedici and challenge for the title by crashing himself out of 5 races, within 6 laps of the start. He didn't pick the bike up and try and get it going once either.

For a then one time champ to try and take the piss out of a nine timer, given his previous crash filled year, and pull it off without appearing an amnesiac hypocrite with limited intelligence, is something I imagine even Stoner realised daft..

Although it's clear we can't say the same about some of his fucko fanboi, like Hedgey.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Hedgehog

Clutching at straws mate Casey and everyone who heard him make that statement knew exactly what he meant which was basically a thinly vailed dig at Rossi saying that Vale's talent outwieghed his ambition not just that corner but in general but let me guess if it was Moaner on the bike he would've made it because hes won 2 gp titles -yawn...... 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle