Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner eager to assess injured ankle in Japan

Casey Stoner says it will be crucial to understand the strength and mobility in his injured right ankle as the Australian prepares for a much-anticipated return to MotoGP action in Japan this weekend. The Repsol Honda rider has missed the last three races after his right ankle suffered serious ligament damage in a high speed crash during qualifying for the Indianapolis...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 October 2012 13:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn, finally the penny drops..

..that's the whole point brother..

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Real shame....

Stoner is fast.  Super fast.  But he can't hack the pressures of MotoGP.  2 WC's on different manufacturers is an incredibly difficult feat and one he will always be recognised for.  Blistering pace.  But there are proven instances of him choking - and then dissapearing to go fishing because he doesn't like Milk.  Ultimately he never understood the circus which is a real pity he could've caned it, been a PR star and had the adoration of millions.  For that reason he cannot be classed as one of the GOATs. Yes, you can throw all the stats on race wins in the last 9 years (he still doesn't have the most).  But to be a GOAT, you have to take on the best, be the best then stay as the best for several years regardless of what's happening in Paddock or Personal.  Just keep racing & winning if you are a true racer.  Change the rules fine - I'll still spank everyone.  But nope, I'm gonna quit when I've not reached the peak of my career.  He'll be remembered as one of the fastest guys in the world but a moaner and a quitter.  I respect any man who wants to be with his wife and kid full time but come on... he doesn't sit at a desk 9-5 does he? if you don't want the fame - why go into MotoGP in the first place?  Which is why Rossi is one of the GOATS (and no, I'm not a big Rossi fan).  Take it for what it is.  Stoner got balls on occasion but can't hack the searchlights or pressure.  Good luck mate, long time retired....Your skills will be very sorely missed and the best won't have that feeling of your benchmarks - or arm pump.  Shame.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

The bloke in my avatar was 4 time world champ and winner on 3 different brands in the premier class, he was virtually unrecognised in his home country of over 250 million people. He was prickly, he was blunt, he's not desperate to get his mug in any and every headline like that dickhead Schwantz and he didn't give a fuck what knobs like you think, he just wanted to race and win.

Educated fans, commentators and critics recognise his era as the undenbiable golden era of grand prix motorcycling. Stoner is the epitome of what riders were like when racing mattered and the no.1 plate showed some respect to the competition, so don't blame him for your fucked up vision of how a meaningless paintjob on a skidlid is the highpoint of a season. Fk me, get of the tit!

Reply to this Topic
DorisM88

Oct 12

DorisM88 says:

Welcome to___Seekingbikers [Please Google it]___the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you'll find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together. *_*

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I hope you have a great last 4 races mate. It would be great to see you position yourself as a buffer between Lorenzo and Dani so that your team-mate can have a decent crack at the title. All the best fishing!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I generally try and avoid being a sycophant..

...but in this instance I whole heartedly agree with Bob and couldn't have said it better..

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Bore off Bob

'Stoner is the epitome of what riders were like when racing mattered' That is the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard! He blames everyone and uses every excuse under the sun for when he's not winning that's not the epitome of an old school racer thats the whinging of an aussie who feels picked on, if he was racing 'back in the day' he would've been taken round the back and given a good kicking,,,,  

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Olly.

You're new here, so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But any more spew from you that doesn't tow the Stoner party line and we'll have to slap you about a bit. You've had your warning...!

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Stoner

Great rider but not quite right in the head like a lot on this forum.
Packing up at his age while  able to ride like he can.
Does not make sense really.There is more to it that he is letting on.Maybe its a wife and kids thing.

Great post shawno,,,,whats your problem bob you sad old man and cbr do you really think moaner bothers to look on here?

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I remember spencer turning up at donington and only sticking a couple of pints of fuel in his bike led for couple of laps then pulled over made out like bike had broke!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle