Skip to content

Ask an Expert how long should a clutch last . Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > how long should a clutch last .

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

johnc3546

Oct 12

johnc3546 says:

how long should a clutch last .

Hi m.c.n. i would like to hear your views on if a clutch should need replacing after only 2373 miles. in three years.it needed clutch springs,spring plate pressure plates,and friction plates.i had an m.o.t and a oil change at the same time the bill was £709.00 is this reasonable.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 October 2012 21:22)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Clutch.

That's a win for Kawasaki then.
:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
johnc3546

Oct 12

johnc3546 says:

clutch life

thanks for the reply,it is a harley -davidson 1200custom 2009.i have had bikes over 30 yrs, and never change a clucth before,my style of riding is slow and steady never come of a bike so it can't be from thrashing a round.

Reply to this Topic
johnc3546

Oct 12

johnc3546 says:

clutch life

hi yes i have been on bikes scince 1974 and this is the first clutch i have had to have,i only ride steady at the legal limits and don't race around.it is a harley-davidson 1200custom " no comfort at speeds above 70",

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

clutch

You no answer questions.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
johnc3546

Oct 12

johnc3546 says:

clutch life

hi have had it from new and it is a 2009 harley-davidson 1200 custom  it had a service, at the dealership that sold it me after 12 months  then not been able to use it much due to health problems so i didn't have it serviced at year 2 but when it needed a m o t i drove it to the dealership for a m o t and oil change/+ filter change the traffic was heavy so stop and start all the way(40miles) i am a slow rider and never had any trouble like this in over 30yrs off rideing

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices