Skip to content

Discuss This Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies

Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies believe it is impossible to judge whether Valentino Rossi’s recent second place finish in Misano means Ducati has taken a major step forward with its struggling Desmosedici. Dovizioso and Spies are just over a month away from getting their first chance to test for Ducati in Valencia, with both staking their reputations on being able to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Twpsyn

I'm calling you out.

With you being so near to the Fatherland, I was thinking maybe you were a U-boat commander called Fritz, cruising the North Atlantic, but you're not. 

What I think you are is a Welsh Idiot, now would you like to get back to me on that, and I can point out the reason why. I await your reply with interest.  

Now to the article, it seems the new Ducati boys, are hoping for a sorted Desmoditchit to try after Valencia, it will be interesting to see how they go. 

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Cornbowl......

......who are you talking to.......there is only your post? and mine now but i'm confused??????

Do you need help? are the voices in your head talking to you? don't listen to them

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Homer40

Sorry I'm awaiting a reply from Fritz, I need to give him reply room, I can't have it jammed up replying to dumb questions like yours, all will be revealed when Fritz surfaces on the evening tide.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Ducati

Spies and Dovi better hope there is an improvement because if not they are going to be in trouble very soon and I suspect they will be in trouble anyway.

Homer do not worry he or should I say they, because this person has about 10 different names and argues with himself thinking he is fooling everyone.Each to there own though.
What ever floats your boat .

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Knock it off before it starts

Dark water Ducati or not ? The minnows are clearly 2nd best. Yes,second best prototype manufacturer.  HRC and Yamaha joint first of the 4 stroke era. Japanese giants Kawasaki and Suzuki can squabble over 3rd best and who cares anyway. Curred out.  Stats,lies and more damn lies to support arguments and nevermind persuasion. Facts. Statistically Ducati build the next best thing to HRC and Yamaha. Rossi could not ride it. Neither could the deadly duo incorporating Burgess develop it and it was not for lack of cash. Spies and Dovi may aswell try it. Let's see what the Tissot timing sheets throw up in a bunch of weeks time.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

serious allegations bootlegger

I would like to know about these lies you seem so
 sure about.
If the Ducati is as good as you say why has only one rider been able to have some success on it?
And who do you think can develop it?
You cannot develop a bike when it has as serious issues as the Ducati has.Can you?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

It looks as though the Ducati has improved with the last couple of upgrades. Ducati had more practice at Misano, while the others had more at Aragon, so there hasn't been a level playing field with the new mods, so Motegi will be the real test.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Woah there

No ! The stats remember. The stats make one a GOAT and one a dunce. Ducati statistically creamed Suzuki and Kawasaki in the 4 stroke era. Get it Jack and stay in your box. Firebird,enjoy whatever you ride, The Ducati stats have gone backwards since Rossi's signing. Fact. Hell even Nick beat Lorenzo at Aragon back in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

I remember now bootlegger

Having read some of your previous posts I can now see your point.
You are a Rossi hater and you let that blur your vision on the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bootlegger

Your're comparing apples to oranges. You have got to compare the same rider on the same bike. I could say that Stoner had gone backwards from 2007 and that Stoner was to blame, but as we all know it was down to the lack of development at Ducati.

Rossi may not of got on with the Ducati in the same way as Stoner, but a 2nd is an improvement on past results and that's all you can go on to compare. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices