Skip to content

Discuss This Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jury still out on Ducati progress, say Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies

Andrea Dovizioso and Ben Spies believe it is impossible to judge whether Valentino Rossi’s recent second place finish in Misano means Ducati has taken a major step forward with its struggling Desmosedici. Dovizioso and Spies are just over a month away from getting their first chance to test for Ducati in Valencia, with both staking their reputations on being able to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi may not of got on with the Ducati in the same way as Stoner, but a 2nd is an improvement on past results and that's all you can go on to compare.

You have to put that result in its correct perspective. Aragon was back to normal, but the other teams had data from that test that Ducati didn't, so not much to draw on in terms of perceived improvement there.

From now until the end of the season will enable a more accurate assessment

The Valencia test will be the really interesting occassion

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

We don't know

what the last 4 races of this season are going to mean to Rossi, he must be dreaming of taking a win on the Desmo', before he vacates the seat, I think it's an unlikely prospect, but weather conditions can play a big part as we know, and if the bike's that bit better, he may well go for it, as long as it's not at Phillip Island lol.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

The Valencia race and test  times will be very interesting.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

All I have to say about the Ducati even though its not the best bike out there on the track they are the team to be wary of I have always said this and I stand by it. What will be more interesting is what Audi does do they bring their own people or do they stick with the current designer Preziosi.

Maybe Spies can get good advice from his best mate Casey on how to tame the Desmo.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

@YamahaGYTR

Team to be wary of. Your just saying that because Spies is on it next year. Lets face it Yamaha is great bike, and Ben Spies has totally screwed this best ever chance of winning title on one of the top bike. I do agree with you on one thing, that Ben Spies needs a new Crew. They are also to blame on the disaster season Ben has had this year.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

ppatel not because Spies is on the bike I've always said it ever since Rossi put his leg on that bike.

Reply to this Topic
BlackCountryBullock

Oct 12

Who cares what Spies thinks? He's only in the 'Boys Club' with a rookie (who's going to be faster than him).

Leave the Ducati to Dovi to sort out - he's the factory No.1 rider..

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BlackCountryBollock

Rev/Hmmmm/Benny/Twpsyn/Binthere/Fritz  -   Moooooooooooooooo  - you shouldn''t mix your meats, stick to the sheep.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Great name

Loser

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Apples and Oranges Firebird

I'm not even discussing riders on equal kit,much less Casey Stoner on Ducati. I'm talking GP 4 stroke and Ducati's involvement as minnow outfit entry 2003. Ducati as a prototype GP manufacturer destroyed Suzuki and Kawasaki,2003 through 2010. Fact ! Fact 2,Rossi's employment has put them on the brink of exodus.

Hopefully Andrea,Ben,an unencumbered Nick and Crazy Joe can exploit the most powerfull bike's strong points again rather than repeatdly bitching about its weak points. They all have weak points.

Yamaha...fragile engine. Honda...heh heh!!..not much but they do find an issue every other weekend.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices