Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Moto Gp

If there gonna make this bike then it should be a full on no holds barred Moto Gp bike for the road not a Fireblade with a 1000cc vfour.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

RCV 1000

Honda should go the whole hog and build something special as they did with the likes of the RC30 / RC45.  They already have a flagship machine in the sports class with the Fireblade so why build a bike to compete with that?

Suzuki-san, go all out and build something really special in the way that only Honda can. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Homologation Special ?

With DORNA threatening a control ECU for future Moto GP's and Honda threatening to ditch MotoGP over it: I assume that the roadgoing RCV is to allow Honda to use their V4 in World Superbikes. So the price needs to be at a level where they can sell the required number of bikes for homologation. Whatever that is I doubt the ordinary biker, like me, could afford one so the question's academic.

Reply to this Topic
fishbate

Oct 12

fishbate says:

MotoGP bikes are incredibly difficult to ride in normal conditions. In fact, they are difficult to ride in what most people think are fast conditions. The only way to start to make a MotoGP bike to work is to ride it harder and faster than you thought was ever possible. If one reads the few actual test rides that some of the rags have done on MotoGP prototypes, you will find that everyone comes to the same conclusion. They are odd, different, strange, and difficult to obtain fast lap times if you are not used to it. The D16 was similar. Many people can ride a 1098 quicker than a D16 because it's so hard to push yourself past your perceived limits, where the bike actually starts to work. An RC213V road bike wouldn't be any different. A Fireblade would be faster when ridden by 99% of the potential buyers. The only way around this is to develop the bike in the same way the RC30 was. The RC30 is one of the most user friendly sport bikes ever built. This is why it is still fast today. This is why MCN was able to compete with an RC30 in the Bol D'Or against bikes 20 years newer. Honda must go this route. If they go the way of the Desmosedicci, it's going to be a collector bike and hardly an icon.

Reply to this Topic
loganlexow

Oct 12

loganlexow says:

As cool as it would be to have a full GP bike the mere mortal wants to own a Honda V4 other than a VFR!

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I'd like to see something MotoGP inspired and could be classed as exotic.......... I don't care if I can't afford it myself, I'd just like to see what Honda would come up with if they were to make the Honda equivalent of the Desmo.

Don't care if it is unridable on the road or needs an Alien to get the most out of it on the track, there are enough bikes for us mortals to own do we really need more mediocrecy??

Let the gods have something to play with 8)

Reply to this Topic
TOVGerald

Oct 12

TOVGerald says:

Power, Lightness, and Technology

A. A V4 putting out industry leading horsepower (read: a legit 200 hp+)
B. Lightweight, with carbon fiber and potentially titanium where possible
C. A price in the $20k-$40k range.  Much above $40k and it starts to get into unobtanium territory
D. Advanced electronic goodies.  HESD is a must, along with TC (with launch control), quickshifter, optional ABS, and perhaps an electronically controlled slipper clutch.  An LCD dash would also be very welcome (with a FUEL GAUGE!).
E. Top shelf suspension.  Doesn't need to be electronically adjustable or anything, just needs to be good.

I would absolutely sell my 1199 for one of these if Honda can deliver a compelling package.  Honestly I'd be all for it if they could just deliver a powerful V4, in a lightweight bike, with just HESD and TC.  But then it'd have to be more like $20k.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Mr Honda.....

....or should that be Mr. Suzuki...Just make a fireblade that can match if not beat the current BMW HP4,

Why create a bike similar in mods to the Desmo when you would sell that many?? not commercial sense.

The fireblades have been world beaters but in recent years i have kept my 2007 HRC model fireblade as the rest have not been much different upto and including the 2013 bike.

What i would want from a new fireblade:

1) 190- 200 HP (at the back wheel)

2) Top class suspension/ fully adjustable (no need for skyhooks or skirting ladders)

3) Slipper clutch

4) Brembo brakes / Calipers and master cyclinder/ Thicker front rotas up to 5.5mm

5) Lightwieght wheels

6) A V5 or V4 engine with full exhaust mods

to be honest thats all you need, you could add ABS if necassary but have the system optional to the rider. If this bike could be made and sold for around the £15000 to £19000 mark it would sell bt the thousands like the old blade used to.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

As if Mr suzuki has ever heard of MCN! LOL!

Anyhow, what they need to do is make the fireblade the bike it was when it was introduced! I've had this argument so many times. The blade is one heck of a bike but it's lacking...soul, passion, I don't know, just something that other bikes have. I think one of the main issues with a blade is the fact it is too good to ride, too easy maybe.

I reckon, as do owners of blades, that a V4 possibly a V5 would be the answer. Who knows, what I do know is that IF they do make an RC13V more road bias and cheaper then that'll be the end of the blade. My guess is that it will cost around £35,000 and be out of reach for everyone except collectors who won't ride them anyway!

Reply to this Topic
Olderguy

Jan 11

Olderguy says:

new Honda

I'd like to see manufacturers have ECU with TWO maps....one map for stock street use, and one unrestricted map with straight through mid pipe for track use.... Ohlins electric suspension Brembo brakes Light weight alloy wheels DOT track tires braided lines shorty levers quick change gearing Quick change wheels two exhaust systems - for street and track....easily interchangeable. make it EASY to get to the air cleaner. Make it easy to lift the tank Easy to mount and install a fuel controller ABS switch for track use Traction control Ohlins 30 cartridges in the front forks Rear shock with remote pre-load and remote hi speed and low speed adjustment....like Elka

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices