Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

blue200tdi

Honda produce Bikes that are Reliable and Functional that do the very thing they are built for extremely efficiently. You want soul and passion ? try something Italian. Honda's Icons are amazing RC30's, VFR's, CBR's, Blade's, Bird's, SP's,SuperDream's,(Joking) Long may they continue.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

200bhp v5

It should have a 200bhp v5 low as possible weight and race handling as few electronics as possible,small digital dash.200kg wet.£20,000.A v4 and 230 kg wont cut it.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

@snev - I wish you'd change that feckin

mugshot of yours - makes me feel ill every time I see it. And seeing as your all over every subject on the site, that's a lot of feeling ill.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Honda

If honda wants something special it must have something special.... 200bhp bike's are already for sale zx-10r s1000rr.    So Honda must do 220 bhp. better electronic aids then the panigale and i say it must look like the rc213v

in 2014 Yamaha will bring 200bhp

Suzuki wil bring 200 bhp

maybe a little more say 225 bhp

Reply to this Topic
cyclehog

Nov 08

cyclehog says:

MotoGP Recplica

First and foremost, this needs to be a MotoGP replica, not a WSB replica. Which means the same V4 configuration and body style of the MotoGP bike. Not the WSB Fireblade shown. This bike needs to be four bikes. Let me explain. The First bike, a complete race ready, track only bike that any privateer and purchase to race or any rich guy who wants a very exclusive track day bike. Try to price it well under the £100,000 Ducati 1199 RS13 effort. It should be offered with custom paint scheme option and have better parts support and reliability then the last oval piston, one off parts effort of old. And it should have the HRC ECU package with it. Oh, and by the way, MotoGP should allow two ECU packages to choose from; the Magneti Morelli and the HRC. The HRC ECU should be compatible with all V4 makes on the track. That should be the deal. The next two bikes: The first is a V4 on par with the Fireblade but obviously with the same configuration as the RC213 V4 engine and MotoGP Body shape. The engine and electronics need to be better then the VFR 1200 engine and the bike should come with a few HRC paint schemes. The other is a limited addition, hopped up and blinged out, replica bike with significantly more horse power, incredible electronics package, and the replica colors of both the Repsol and San Carlos bikes. This should be the collectors choice. Try to get it under the £40,000 the Desmo was charging with much better reliability and parts support. The last one is for me. A naked version that is a kick ass, hooligan bike that is good for nothing more then getting a ticket for being a total twat. Oh, and I want to put bags on it and tour the continent. So Honda, here’s the deal. My next bike purchase, in order of preference is: Eric Buell Racing street bike, Motus V4 Sport Tour, and Ducati Street Fighter. Make me a bike that I HAVE to buy over these other three. And I will buy it.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Herbert chapman

:lol: I'm waiting for someone to Insult me so that I can add a new Avatar, as for being" all over every subject on the site" That's Snot strictly true \I missed the article about not being allowed to comment on articles posted on this site.:lol::biggrin::wink:

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

It'd have to look like the race bike but I'd imagine that would be a given and kind of obvious really.

I'd also want 200bhp at the rear wheel, top quality active suspension, top spec brakes, race spec traction control, ABS & a kerb weight of 180kg. Plus the ability to switch all the rider aids off if I want.

Just for shits & giggles I would also like the keyless credit card style programmable ignition found on the NSR250 in the early 90's, although maybe in a more modern USB stick format.

If BMW can do the HP4 for 20k, Honda should be able to do the above for around 30k but to tell the truth the skies the limit so I don't really think price is an issue for those who will buy one, 30, 40, 50k? It's kind of irrelevant.

In reality 99.9% of us haven't got a hope of getting one & so 20 or 50 grand makes no difference to me as either way I'll never have one but I would love to see what the possibilities are.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahhhh

new Avatar time.

Reply to this Topic
GilR

Nov 09

GilR says:

Given a 1199 tricolore costs for around 28,000 pounds, i'd be ready to pay that much for a road going Moto GP bike.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Trust Honda, no mean it

When I was riding a Honda very very very fast and the bike was getting out of shape , I always used to say in my head "Trust Honda" and it worked, you need to bring this to the new bike, the feeling that this is not a new thing but an evo of everything good before it important. The engine must have real drive from it lower / mid ranges and not just top end scream, the engine electrics devices should bring back the feel of soft carb control, so you get that sucking sound of air going into the engine before it starts pulling hard coming out of a corner. anyway

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices