Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

It should look like the first RCV 800 4-stroke Moto Gp bike that Dani and Nicky rode. That was in the seizon that Hayden was World Champ. Most people don't like it as it was all about keeping weight in the middel of the bike. Hence it had no crappy seat pipes wich i hate. Man that bike looked so nimble! It's gonna have Brembo and Ohlins i reckon. With a V4 that puts out 190 at the rear wheel, and more electronic gizmos than i could ever understand. I would wan't it to be verry light considering it will cost some serious cash. About 165 dry at the most. And verry light wheels. Still? I like inline 4 screamers for sound, and not V4s or crosplane inline Yamaha's. But that asside i can't wait for it to come out and read the reviews. It's gonna be something special for sure!

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Either or

Honda have two potential design briefs in my opinion, they can either make a "compirised" effort that is pitched at the S1000RR, RSV4 & Panigalle Factory/special/race editions etc or they can just go for it and say to hell with the cost lets show off and see what is the maximum we can achieve.

I just don't see the point of going the "comprimised" route as while they would undoubtedly make a great bike, it would be more like a special edition Fireblade despite the V4 engine in my opinion. I also think it would be too close to the Fireblade and ultimately more like a BSB or WSB rep than a true MOTO GP rep.

Surely with Honda's reputation they have to be pitching this at Desmodieci territory don't they?

Don't forget Honda sold the revolutionary at the the time NR750 in 1992 for £38,000 so they aren't shy of disregarding the issue of price and just doing something special for the sake of it and for no other reason than they can.

Bring it on!

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

What do I want?

Everything for five grand please, thank you very much!

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

a brilliant all rounder

Simple take all the expensive crap and chuck it in the bin ie anti wheelie, traction control etc.

put good quality adjustable suspention on it ( both ends ) brilliant throtle response

Top brakes , quick steering, brilliant chassis ,  top tyres and a stonking engine and you have a brilliant all rounder.

But allas its been done well done to  triumph for the  speed triple and street triple  and not fogeting the awsome 675

HONDA TAKE A LOOK AT TRIUMPH END OF

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

RCV

Hiya well it be a cracking bike , the best way to go about it is make two models , one high spec , and one lower spec and then sell enough to go wsbk racing and win ,

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I don't want one

HTH

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

Panigale / RSV4 beater

It should have exotic flavor like the RSV4, and can be similarly priced to the top specs (or have multiple spec levels as these machines do). With Honda Tech, Engineering, and Reliability, this bike should be best in the world. But at the same price as the competition...

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Bird 1050

I have to agree with this dude, read à comparison with a street triple and the MV Brutale in a magazine here in Holland ? And all that Ride by Wire crap that was unsorted on the Mv lost the duel. And Triumph have that sorted. À good ecu that has this new RCV engine picking up revs and grunt when you wan't it? Well the Fireblade does that, it misses top end but ridebilaty is great .

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

bird1050

Rode the Triunph's, and yes. they are impressive. But the RSV4 Tuono will blow you away! I would lean towards exotica, with Honda reliability.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Blah, blah, blah...

Öhlins this, Brembo that, blah, blah, blah. Honda can specify better Showa suspension (e.g. Big Piston Fork and Balance-Free shock) and Nissin brake parts at half the price of the over-priced Euro stuff. A gizmo-free CBR1000RR is still faster around the track than the rider-aides loaded Aprilia RSV4 APRC, BMW S1000RR, and Ducati 1199 Panigale.

But I guess the fancy names brings a bigger profit margin.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices