Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
harley1994

Feb 10

harley1994 says:

rcv chopper please

mr honda  i would like a girder front end please , hardtail rear end, at least a 2 litre v twin, chain drive, matt black paint and pipe wrapped shotgun pipes. hope you can do this for me cos when i asked j saville to fix this for me he just gave me the finger...

Reply to this Topic
Aprilia94

Sep 10

Aprilia94 says:

As close to Moto GP as possible

In order for it to be like the desmo, in the way if i saw one in person i would be in awe, it needs to be rare and this will only happen if it is expensive. So in other words, it needs to be as close to Moto GP standards as possible.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

some benchmarks...

Match the BMW for power, undercut the 1199 for weight, and outperform them both in handling and they've got a winner. Shouldn't be too difficult if they're truly using the RCV as the starting point. Of course a smorgasbord of electronic aids is a given.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

rcv

something realworld  useable for road and track unlike the the ducati desmo - shed

with a price just  reachable for the average man still  maybe 14k

something like what the SP1 and SP2 was to world superbikes

not like the RC45 was back in the day just a crazy price 

in times like these when we are all pushed for cash, dream machine that we could all try and afford would be a perfect tonic for the motorcycle world right now

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

AHHH

Piglet 2010........what WSB races have you been watching then?

Honda Fireblade faster around the track than BMW, RSV4, 1199......I don't think so, thats why Jonny Rea is struggling to win, outright pace compared to the BMW, Aprillia and kawasaki all have the top end grunt on the Blade at the moment.

Road bikes, the BMW is quicker than the blade and so for that matter is the KwakerZX10, top end the Blade will do the Ducati but not the others mentioned.

I knowthis from experience, i own a fireblade 2007, ridden with the other bikes mentioned and although not much in it, they are quicker end of.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

look everybody....

gixercarl's back.... where you been ? we have all missed you. How's yer cock? can't wait to tell TomRR.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

I don't want anything, but thanks for asking.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Fuck the poor. (Me included)

Take the moto gp bike, apply number plate. Charge whatever. A fireblade has vastly more potential than anyone outside of the racing world can use on the road or track so this is a flashy toy, so go hog wild and make it insanly fast and equally expensive. I want something that when I see one (as I certainly won't be able to afford one) I drool and do a sex wee.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

RCV?

Never meet your heroes. If I could afford one I'd want it to be an animal which I was afraid to ride, maintaining the awe of MotoGP riders. Otherwise buy a Fireblade.

It'll either be a sanitised version, in which case what's the point, or a full-on race bike available to privateers:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=433554&message-id=4682839&__ia=message4682839#message4682839

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ Homer40

What does WSBK have to do with what we can buy at a dealer? Besides, the first year in WSBK with full HRC backing will be 2013.

And your 2007 lacks the Balance-Free shock of the 2012 CBR1000RR, which makes a significant difference in traction.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices