Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

mr honda.

220bhp at the wheel,good colours for this 20k bike?light wheels, brembo brakes.35mpg,and a shit hot sound!.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

I REALY

like the look of this bike  HOWEVER

i dont like the price if its going to compet its gotta be the 13/14 grand mark 4 the rd

i dont like the rear end looks like an old strad

but ive hhad 2 blades in the past n love m

WE WILL SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:ph43r:

GUNGOS

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

THE FULL WORKS

Just put a plate on the moto gp bike with lights, and I dont care if its £80,000

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Piglet

"What does WSBK have to do with what we can buy at a dealer?"

Everything!
You appear to think that a production 'road' bike should be as close to a GP bike as possible. Wrong! Only the Desmosedici is that close, and you wont see that placed in the 'Best Road Bike' category. It's too focused for the road. If Honda wish to sell it in volume, they have to think of this.
Super Bikes are the closest to what the rider wants on the road, still using Moto GP Tec. As for your statement about European bikes? Well, I'll leave that in the folder labelled 'Crap'! 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davemolly

May 05

davemolly says:

Please let it have soul

As long as it isn't as dull to ride as most Honda's I'll be happy. How they can make a litre sports bike dull is beyond me, they must have a special team in place to remove all character........

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

GP bike

why oh why would anyone need a RACE BIKE for the road? unless you have a big wallet and a small penis buy summat you can control.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ COZ69

A MotoGP bike is more on the order of £800,000, not £80,000.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ 69Fastback

MCN’s US partner publication says your opinion about the speed of the Honda CBR1000RR should be in the crap folder.

www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/13490/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-Track-Comparison.aspx

And WSBK motos are so modified that winning in that series do not prove anything about the relative speed of what we can buy at a dealer.

Reply to this Topic
mgivogue

Aug 02

mgivogue says:

what i would like

Take WSBK rider best track time around any track on his own bike

Take new RCV - as you would buy it with only track bodywork, slicks and setup (springs, adjustments with original parts)...make same track time as above.

Make it so that everyone can go fast on it without having to be a pro.

To do this i think the bike will need - light weight (170kg in road trim), 210bhp or more, top notch suspension, full electronics (traction control, wheelie control, launch control, race ABS), fully adjustable geometry (ride height, rake, trail, clipons, rearsets) and finally...good feel so anyone can ride it fast around a track with limited seat time.

This bike is not about the road - it is about going fast around a track...anyone who buys it for something else (road, showroom) should not be allowed to buy it :o

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Wouldn't work.

Mqivogue, if a WSBK rider set a time on a CX500 running on one cylinder it would still make mincemeat of 99.999% of riders on here (myself included) no amount of electronic trickery will replace feel for the bike and instincts they hone over years, if you want a bike thats easy to ride fast around a track buy a blade.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices