Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you want from the RCV road bike?

Tetsuo Suzuki, the boss of HRC wants to hear from MCN readers about what they want the promised V4 1000cc RCV road bike to be like, and how much they think it should cost. One of the internal debates within Honda is just exactly what form the bike should take. One camp wants to make the bike as near as possible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 October 2012 13:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetrev

Jan 11

davetrev says:

RCV roadbike

I've filled out the questionaire but what it didn't allow was somewhere to comment, and what I'd say is Honda need to produce two. A very expensive, limited edition, no nonesence, race replica, with all the top name bits bolted to it, that looks brilliant on the car park, and goes just as quick when the owner hits a kink in the road. The other model, not so trick, just your standard every day Honda motorcycle, a V4 in a sports frame, just what your everyday biker, like me, wants. Let the Poseurs have their shinny bit of expensive "look at me" extravagance, I'd rather have a more affordable to everyone "bloody good piece of kit", which is what Honda do. Honda should be able to do something for the masses. Having had a VFR 750, and a VFR 1200 the V engine in those was corking, so a V4, tuned accordingly, and mated to a sports frame would be blinding. Lets hope honda see sense and that you won't need to sell the missus and kids to put a smile on your face.   

Reply to this Topic
Warren569

Dec 11

Warren569 says:

My wishlist

I'm with TOVGerald and Homer40...build a top spec road bike that has the same wow factor as the first RC30 for £20-30k and they would be on to a winner.

The other option (for me) would be to build a road going Moto2 bike - yep, a 135kg 600 with 130bhp+ (though a good torque curve would be preferable), exotic parts, a Kalex/Suter designed chassis (to lend some authenticity) and a price of between £10,000-£15000.  A genuine MotoGP inspired missile that is faster than a superbike and almost affordable! 

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

hrc

The boss of HRC has a really unfortunate surname...unlucky :)

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

v4 ?

i thought the rcv was a v5 ! if so V4 WONT BE A REPLICA.

Reply to this Topic
Jacobotha

Nov 12

Jacobotha says:

Rcv v4

I want a bike that will stand out from the rest in the true Honda tradition and to totally trash the opposition.I am currently a BMW s1000rr owner,only because of the horsepower output and all the electronics fitted as factory standard.I want the RCV V4 to have a traction control system,a quickshifter,a full Akrapovic system,Braided Hoses,brembo brakes,Ohlins or Showa suspension with a active damping control,electronically adjustable.this must be a single seater version. I need a machine that must be able to handle and perform extreme, with at least a 220 horsepower output. A price tag of about 220k would be acceptable.

Reply to this Topic
naj27

Nov 12

naj27 says:

RCV

Instead, the CBR could be upgraded !! don spoil the CBR with this model..pls

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The original 4 stroke RC211V was a V5, but subsequent models are V4.

It would be nice if they shipped me one gratis, you know for testing purposes and such.

Reply to this Topic
RepsolRobert

Jan 13

RepsolRobert says:

The Perfect RCV X 2

I am first in line at my Honda Dealer who will definitely be getting the RCV and while I desire the beauty to be exclusive and very special and as close to the MotoGP RCV as possible, I recognize the business need to homologate as the primary goal. 

This by definition will make the bike expensive, but seeing Honda back in WSB would be a great outcome from building it.

I would like to see Honda also build a version that is attainable to anyone who can afford a Ducati 1199 or Aprilia RSV4... 

To assume that Honda is actually reading this forum for ideas is a bit far fetched, but if it is true, then delivering the best of both would be the right answer.

To be clear, if it is the homologation RCV that shows up at my Honda dealer, I will ride it like I stole it...it will not be a collector's item!

BTW...mine will have the full Repsol scheme like my previous project bikes which can be seen at the Repsol Forum...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices