Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Casey Stoner not expecting Honda team orders MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Casey Stoner not expecting Honda team orders

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Casey Stoner not expecting Honda team orders

Casey Stoner doesn’t believe Honda will impose controversial team orders in a bid to help Dani Pedrosa win an elusive first MotoGP world title in 2012. The Spaniard trails factory Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo by 33-points with four races remaining, but the title chase could get another twist with Stoner returning from injury for this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 October 2012 13:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Good to see the fiery little Australian back..

It will be intruigng to see how he plays his cards, assuming he can be competitive.

Circumstances and a racers mentality mean he'll want to win. It seems Honda have no intention of handing out team orders, which may be difficult to enforce given the former and that they really need Casey on a full-power bike to split the main protagonists, forcing Jorge into 3rd giving handing Dani a 9pt gain.

A potential 36pts would see Pedrosa crowned champ by just 3pts if this was how they finished in the final races.

Can you see Stoner being happy with 2nd at his last home GP though, possibly taking the 5pts that could make all the difference?

Honda gave him the bike that turned his career back round after Ducati and I believe he ought to think about that. If Casey ends up being the man who cost HRC the title because of his results, when he's banking their wages..it would be a hell of a way to repay them.

I'd laugh my fkin tits off mind.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Wosi

I reckon Stoner will try and win all the remaining races - his ego will demand it.  I also reckon he'll be on the podium in all the remaining races. look what he managed in America when the damage was fresh,  4th with a broken ankle,  even if it's only 75% better you wouldn't bet against him would you.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I agree Saturn and think your version is the more likely scenario.

No one will blame Casey for wanting to end his career by proving he's the fastest. Of course, he may get beaten, just like he was before the injury, and none of it will matter. However, I'd be amazed if the subject hasn't been broached internally given how tight the fight has the potential to become.

It may be too late to ask favours after PI.

Just saying..  

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Team Orders, pah!..

Stoner's always insisted a championship is in the hands of an individual and not reliant on a team mate. There's absolutely no incentive for him to change that opinion now, and quite frankly who could blame him? - Wosi, you suggest Honda gave him the bike that turned around his fortunes, I would argue it was Casey that turned around the fortunes of Honda, not the other way around. Without him they'd still be without a championship win. Get a grip you plonker..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

CHR - Agreed

Team orders is no way to 'win'. You've 'won' nothing.

It's a riders championship. Honda have the team and manufacturers championship. Obviously they'd like their bike to win the rider's title too but where is the merit? Riders enter races to win and should not be told to move over and let another rider through, unless that rider is significantly slower and overtaking isn't possible - generally not an issue wiith bikes.

Wosi  -  imagine for a moment you're Pedrosa, you need to win the last race for the title but Stoner is faster than you and is ahead. You can't catch him. It could be any other rider but this time it's your 'team mate' (I hate that term) The laps count down and you realise you can't beat another rider on track to win the race and title. Then, he slows down on the last lap and lets you through. You 'win' race and title.

What do you feel on the podium taking the plaudits for 'winning' - a sense of achievement or fraud?

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

I wonder

Lets see,casey is the fastest man out there but no chance of winning the title and is hanging his leathers up next year,and dani who has been on the works honda for god knows 6 yrs is in with a shout.I'll eat my shorts if they don't try and bribe him with something to help pedrosa win,after all honda and rule bending go hand in glove......just look at how it's been sorted so marc marquez can ride a repsol honda. Lets hope casey sticks it up em

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Doctor.

They tried dangling a 10million Euros carrot in front of Stoner and that didn't work, what could they possibly offer him to change his opinion?..

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

!Team orders bah !

HRC'S team orders are constructor's title not riders. They merely employ riders they feel can get the constructors title for themselves as constructors. Hence no offer to 46 for 2013. They felt he could not contribute to their constructor title aspirations. Stoner hinted at Marquez as his replacement. Good hint.

HRC want winner's rather than promo dollars and grid fillers.

Hey! Less than a month to go before Valencia testing !

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..

..you'd argue Caseys side of anything, as long as you could snuggle up and put your finger in his bottom.

Closet Hiding Rentboy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Team orders is a BIG NO ruins the racing and makes the team have a bad name as well.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices