You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > 125 help/advice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

125 help/advice

Basically i'm looking for a 125 on a budget of about 1700 including all kit/insurance and stuff. I'm looking at bikes like the YBR125/XT125/CBR125/DT125. I would like a bike that accelerates well and has a top speed of around 65/70 (I realise the cheaper 4t 125s aren't going to do a lot better than that) I need something reliable and that is going to be easy to learn on but I don't want it to look like a scrap heap, i'm 19 without any no claims and I need to buy a helmet and gear so that will have to come out of the budget too. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 October 2012 16:28)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

1st bike

Get some insurance quotes first..

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

personaly

i would buy a dt125................lots of fun them strokers and for a 125 feels like a big bike and look well cool to:wink:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Honda

CG125 or Yamaha YBR 125 - cheap as chips to buy and insure, uses hardly any fuel, and solid as a rock as regards reliability, and you'll have enough cash left for buying kit too.

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

YBR125

I think after looking around i'm definitely leaning towards the YBR, it seems to be as fast as I need and I can pick a good one up for about 1000, i'm mainly looking on Auto Trader, here and Ebay is there anywhere else decent to look for motorbikes?

Thanks for the replies and advice so far :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices