Skip to content

Discuss This Prices announced for 2013 Kawasaki models New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Prices announced for 2013 Kawasaki models

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Prices announced for 2013 Kawasaki models

Kawasaki has announced the prices for their four new 2013 models - the Ninja 300, ZX-6R, Z800 and Z800e. The Ninja 300, which replaces the Ninja 250R, will retail for £4799, with the ABS-equipped bike retailing for £5199. The new ZX-6R, which sees a return to a 636cc inline-four cylinder engine will cost £8999, with the ABS version available for £9999. After selling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 October 2012 17:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Kawasaki is the hardest working Japanese brand

Impressed by Kawasaki in being so aggressive.   They seem to be the hardest working Japanese brand these days.  That 300 Ninja is really good looking for a small displacement sport bike.  Good luck to them. 

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

I'm biased but hey.......

Shiva +1.

Kawasaki are fighting hard for new customers - I think their recent Superbike track success may be indicative of the effort Kawasaki is making generally.

The Z800 in black - now that's something.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

top effort

good bikes at very keen prices,should do well.i havent had a kawasaki for a long time ,could be time to try another.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Not bad but...

I'm not really a Kawasaki fan but I'm certainly coming around to them, I definitely think they are the most improved jap manufacturer of late and seem to be the most willing to push the design envelope. Really like the Z800 and the Ninja 300 in particular.

Although while most of their prices seem reasonable or at least on par with the competition, what the hell is 10 grand for a 600 (636) all about??? WTF??? Also why does their ABS cost £1000 when most systems cost between £300 & £600 extra. Does it have traction control as well? Either way I would really hope so for that price!

If I had that sort of money for a bike like that I'd probably just buy a GSXR750 or even a new or nearly new discounted 1000cc from pretty much any manufacturer if you shop around.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Tbh I don't see how people can say any of the top Bike manufacturers suck as they're all pretty similar these days. I mean taken round the track by pros and there will only been like 2 seconds max between them all, that'll far be beyond 99.9% of riders. Really out of the 600s just go for looks and price..... I got my 2010 ZX6R for £6000 because it done 300 miles as was taken back as the guy who owned it before couldn't pay for it. Such a bargain really because for 300 miles less in the same year it was £8500. Such an amazing bike and has the best engine of the 600s currently, I can only imagine the 636 being even better. Though right now will be the perfect time to pick up cheap 2012 models.... You cannot go wrong really with any of them though, whatever 600 you like is the one you should get. Don't pay attention to one being a second a lap faster by some racer or someones personal opinion on looks or comfort....... all down to you. Not like the old days when a new bike would come out an innovate and suddenly the rest were crap or the Italian bikes used to break down all the time. My friend has had an Aprilia RSV4 for years now and never gone wrong.

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

can't please everybody...

Everytime a new bike comes out you get an avalanche of complaints on how 'useless' electronics are making bikes too expensive. Here we have Kawasaki making really stonking bikes, good looking, reliable and with a good price. I bought one because I liked the the look and in my everyday city riding don't need a million hp, exotic materials and top of the notch electronics. If you have money to waste why not buy the top of the range of everything. I know I would. But in the real world it makes plenty of sense to me. Well done Kawa, why waste millions in R&D to produce a bike that will not make a dent in the company sales figures when you can make real world bikes and sell them in droves? The Z series is one of the best sellers in Europe and the ER range is quickly catching up.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Im a huge kawa fan and still use my 1999 ZX7R every day with 45 000 miles on the clock and it has not missed a beat ever! In every imaginable conditions. The bikes are kick ass and the prices are hugely competitive.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

second hand

any day of the week, id rather buy a 2 year old kawasaki with dealer history, the 6r's motors are bullet proof so no worry with mileage, as long as it looked after there is no much difference in performance, just a paint job or fairing update, personally i always buy private being a bike mechanic i can have the edge to knowing a dodgy one as most may not, zx10 is the way to go either way, but forced to a supersport the 6 r is a good choice, the 300!!! well id rather buty an older import 400 much better ride.

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Pricey

Why on earth does an ABS system add £1000 to the price? And 5k is an abomination for a 300cc novice-friendly runabout.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

"Ninja" 300 or SV650S

With a free 35kW restrictor.  You'd have to really want the smaller bike, and have no intention of upgrading your license.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle