Skip to content

Ask an Expert Poor student needs advice, or better still some money! (raising funds for a Street Triple) Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Poor student needs advice, or better still some money! (raising funds for a Street Triple)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Hanna650

Oct 12

Hanna650 says:

Poor student needs advice, or better still some money! (raising funds for a Street Triple)

Can you help this newbie get the bike she dreams of?

This new big biker really really really wants a Street Triple, but doesn't have the funds to get one. Any advice?

Are there any comparable bikes out there for a cheaper price?

Maybe some fund raising ideas :biggrin:?

With the new Street Triple coming out at the end of November, do you think the price of the older models will fall? 

Cheers all
H

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 October 2012 11:41)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Have you

got insurance quotes on the ST?

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Qualitry nakeds...

How about buying a Honda Hornet? There are two models and they go back quite a while. I rode a 2007 one and had a ball (it was very gutless at low revs so it took me a while to realize that I had to make a lot of noise revving  it like mad but once you do that it is very rewarding). Another bike you might consider is one of the Ducati Monsters - completely different power delivery (more low end) but again a compact easy to man-handle bike with a quality feel.
Going up in capacity you might see something like a Moto Guzzi 1200/1100 Breva an option although it is quite long and clumsy in comparson.
The semi faired Yamaha FZ6FZ2 (i.e. Fazer) and BMW F800S/ST are a little more drab in appearence but share the small compact easy to manhandle vibe of the Street and might be a cheaper and more common  alternative...
The ER6N/ER6F, SV650 are not of the same quality as the above but are quite nice bikes and are more sensible money...

Andy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices