Skip to content

Discuss This New Loncin uses BMW G650GS engine New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Loncin uses BMW G650GS engine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New Loncin uses BMW G650GS engine

A road bike using the same engine as BMW's G650GS has been unveiled at the Chinese motorcycle show. Chinese firm Loncin, which makes the single-cylinder 650 engine for BMW under licence, is using it to power its new CR9 naked roadster. It comes with the same 47bhp power output as the BMW and costs just over £5,000. But because of the firm's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 October 2012 15:03)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

So

"why buy some ChingChong branded bike for £5K when you can get a ChingChong made but Honda branded NC700S for £5300."

True, no competition there, but when you're talking almost £3000 for a Suzuki DR125SM versus £1500 for a Pulse Adrenalin then it becomes hard to ignore if you just want a cheap commuter, particularly when things like engines are often made in the same factory, components like the carb come from manufacturers like Mikuni, and so on.  I used to think Chinese bikes were sh1te as I knew someone with a Baotian scooter that fell to pieces around him, but that was 5 years ago and these days when I speak to someone with one or my local guy that works on them all usually hear very positive things.

If I was 17 again (I wish) and was looking at getting into biking, a Jap 125 at £3000 would turn me right off and I'd probably stick with a bus pass.  If the Chinese bikes at half that price were around back then then I'd be giving it a go.  If teenagers can buy them and have a good experience with them then it's good for the whole industry.

Reply to this Topic
DorisM77

Oct 12

DorisM77 says:

Welcome to____Seekingbikers (Please Google it)____the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you're bound to find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together with hundreds of thousands of single motorcycle men and women are there. :)

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

"why buy some ChingChong branded bike for £5K when you can get a ChingChong made but Honda branded NC700S for £5300."

Good point but the NC700S is made in Japan by Honda. However there a LOTS of other Hondas that are no longer made in Japan, like the CBR250R, CBF1000 and Hornet 600.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

seeking bikers !

Bloody hell sounds well dodgy.Where do you meet in a layby.Got to laugh at the mention we have men and women lol,what 2000 desperate men and 2 dog ugly women.lol lol.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

made in China??

so, to all you Beemer owners - this is where your engines are made! ;

'Chinese firm Loncin, which makes the single-cylinder 650 engine for BMW under licence'

I might have mentioned before but I contract for an engineering company in Derby and we make jigs and plant for Triumph to make their engines in Hinkley.

OK, so the Chinese are making some good kit nowadays, but I've done 100K+ miles on my Triumphs without a failure - so really, how good does an engine need to be? Triumph's is good enough I reckon.

I won't be buying a beemer, or a Loncin....

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices