Skip to content

Discuss This Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000

An Italian-designed 250 expected to cost around £2000 has been unveiled as a concept at the Chinese motorcycle show. The single-cylinder Kawasaki Z-esque KP250 could go into production within months. If manufacturer Lifan can bring it to the UK for close to its anticipated price in China, it will be one of the cheapest motorcycles you can buy. But with just 19bhp...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 October 2012 15:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

scuffed exhaust

can't see a silencer hanger bracket either, looks like its sagging on the joint just behind the lower frame rail.  

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Looks cheaper than a 60 year old hooker from the docks! Love to see this bike after a few winters ha

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Being as this..

..is just a show model it's hard to say what production issues may remain. As mentioned below, an exhaust hanger seems to be missing, the pipe is scraped fairly badly and looks to be sagging at its joint. Watch out though, the Chinese seem to be learning, and learning quickly. It may not be long before they put it all together in a package that is too compelling to pass by?

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

chinese ...(to clarify, I mean Norton has plenty of problems too AND they cost many times more.

Give them a break- looks good, should be cheap and plenty of problems for, say, Norton costing mant times more.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

moto4

No problems for Norton as it's aimed at a completely different market, however i agree ref looks.

The Chinese bikes are appaling quality though, i worked on a couple recently for a friend and they are basically made of cheese, everything you touch screw/bolt wise breaks or chews up, however the early Japanese motorcycles weren't well finished either and look what happened there, they improved into the 1070's and now Honda etc are as good as anything out there.

Reply to this Topic
mackemforever

Jul 12

Damn snobs

I have been biting my tongue for so long on this issue but have to say something.

The amount of snobs on this site is beyond belief. Yes it has some obvious flaws in the photo, but you don't know if these will be there once it hits production, so wait and see. Yes the build quality of Chinese bikes is generally pretty dire, but given that Lifan manufacture engines for BMW there is a chance that they might work to a higher standard and that this could be ok, again, wait and see. Yes it may only have 19BHP but again, so what? For what it is, a cheap commuter bike, the lack of power isn't a problem.

Not every company produces amazing vehicles from day 1, early Jap bikes were pretty awful in terms of build quality, and infact some of them still are, korean bikes were dreadful but are improving at a decent pace, and so on. Also, not every bike has to be a damn sportsbike with a million horsepower on tap, there is a market for lower powered bikes you know.

People, get off your damn high horse and give them a chance. If the bike is dreadful after it's on sale then bash it, but for now shut up and wait to see what the end product will be.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Title misleading.

Sorry Steve but you should have guessed that people would read your title and expect that this is similar to a 250R Ninja WHICH it is nothing like. The Ninja has a full fairing and a LIQUID COOLED TWIN CYLINDER engine which gives 33BHP. The bike itself might be okay but lets not compare Apples with Carrots. Its most similar to a Honda CBF250 (remember those good little bikes although didn't sell) It might be significant if it does come out at that price break but not because it looks like a Kawasaki (which it doesn't).

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

No Way...

£2000... Great lets get one, itll be alright... 

If only price was everything.  In life you get what you pay for.

This sums it up - lovely looking stand and bike (better than Suzuki Inazuma) displayed to the world (Cologne?)... on a scuffed up red paddock stand.

They're coming, seriously, let me know when.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Everybody laughed at.........

...............the early Skodas.

In a few years time maybe these bikes will be a force to be reckoned with.

It's pretty stylish but I'll bet it's cheap, shoddy, c**p underneath.

They need a few more years to learn how to make a decent bike.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ mackemforever

Maybe reverse snobbism here, since my Wuyang-Honda Elite (Lead) 110 has better build quality than my Montesa-Honda Dullsville.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices