Skip to content

Discuss This Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Chinese Kawasaki-alike 250 for £2000

An Italian-designed 250 expected to cost around £2000 has been unveiled as a concept at the Chinese motorcycle show. The single-cylinder Kawasaki Z-esque KP250 could go into production within months. If manufacturer Lifan can bring it to the UK for close to its anticipated price in China, it will be one of the cheapest motorcycles you can buy. But with just 19bhp...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 October 2012 15:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
psychoSam

Aug 12

psychoSam says:

I had a bad experience with a Chinese, wouldn't ride another.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

@edsy007

Could not agree more mate!! Surprised everyone doesn't complain about ikea too, Seriously, the chinese hear we want cheap bikes. But then people complain that its not honda quality, its nothing to do with the fact it is from china they have the knowledge and man power to show up all the best brands put together except that is not what people are asking for... So if you ask for a cheap bike.... expect it to be well.... CHEAP!!! I dont know why it is so hard to understand some folks just do not understand its not where its from its the price you are willing to pay, i doubt honda could do as well with such shallow pockets!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

KP250

That bike looks nuts !

19bhp?  Less than a 1970s 250 Onda SooperdooperDream ? Come on.......even at 2 grand its a bit grim.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

OK

The bike mechanic local to me reckons the Chinese brands like Lifan, Pulse, Lexmoto, Baotian and Haotian have come on in leaps and bounds over the last 5 years.  He doesn't sell them and has no vested interest in promoting them, but wil happily fix them.  Reckons parts availability is as good as any of your Suzuki, Hondas etc and they're fairly simple beasts to work on.  Quality isn't up to Suzuki, Honda etc but he says pound for pound they're better value and are generally reliable bikes provided they have been built up by dealerships who know what they're doing as opposed to the Ebay type sellers. 

I had a sniff around a Pulse Adrtenalin 125 supermoto that he had in for a chain & sprockets.  TBH, you can see where the costs have been cut, but the frame, engine, forks, wheels etc all seemed sound enough.  A few of the bits of trim, exhaust, bars etc looked quite cheap.  I'd take a punt on one.  Chinese bikes are much more common in countries like Spain, Italy etc... they seem to have adopted them much quicker than we have in this country.  A lot of people just want a cheap and reliable bike for commuting and general running around.  Chinese bike fit their brief.  If you want the latest performance and tech, pay twice the price and go Jap.

End of day, Japan produced and sold around half a million bikes in a year (that was around 2010-11 I think).  Chinese manufacturers produced and sold 26 million in that same time.  (Motorcycle Industry Trade Association's own figures)

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

That's the 125s though

I've owned a Huoniao HN125-8 (aka Lexmoto Vixen) and a Lifan/Skygo LF250-B (Virago 250 clone).  The HN is by far the better bike.  The Lifan has a more torquey engine with maybe 5mph on it at the top end, but it's a lardy lump and the parts supply (from CMPO) is minimal - when the rear downpipe rotted through at 2 years, I had to buy a "Virago" part direct from China.

250s have always been a niche, and the license changes next year will kill them dead.  If your commute is at 40mph (and I mean 40mph) most of the way, then a 250 makes sense.  At any other speed, it's the wrong capacity.  For proper urban use, a 125 is better.  If you have anywhere that you can open it up, a 500+ bike will thrash it, and return much the same fuel economy.

I'm not speaking from ignorance here, I've tried a 125, lardy 250, a 305 and a 500 for a mixed suburban / NSL / urban commute, and the 500 wins, and not by a little, it romps away.  250s are not a useful capacity, and especially not low powered ones.

Reply to this Topic
Old geezer

Jun 03

Old geezer says:

Cheap as chips

Hmmm......Given the chance of a cheap used Honda or a new Chinese jobby, I know where my money would go ...Honda everytime....Somehow, I just don't see the Chinese doing to the Jap bike industry what the Japs did to the brits!

Reply to this Topic
DorisM77

Oct 12

DorisM77 says:

Welcome to____Seekingbikers (Please Google it)____the largest dating site for motorcycle enthusiasts. Have a try and you're bound to find your biker soul mate to ride and travel together with hundreds of thousands of single motorcycle men and women are there. :)

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

There's

reviews of some Chinese bikes on the downloads page of the www.lexmoto.co.uk and www.pulsemoto.co.uk websites.

Only nosed at the Pulse Adrenaline and Lexmoto Street 125 pages but the reviews (from MCN, Twist & Go etc) aren't too scathing.

Reply to this Topic
Mintyj87

Sep 12

Mintyj87 says:

Chinese

I've got a Chinese bike (pulse adrenaline), which peaks at a whopping 11bhp same as Honda cg. I know which one i would rather have. I love my little bike it isn't the quickest but does the same speed as a cg but looks about 4x cooler. People need to give Chinese bikes a chance, yes the 1st generation model maybe bit a bit of a munter, but they will get it sorted and quick, they are not the quickest growing economy for nothing.

Reply to this Topic
psychoSam

Aug 12

psychoSam says:

Ive been published

OMG like I dont believe it. its amazing

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle