Skip to content

Discuss This Brands Hatch BSB: Byrne wins red flagged race one British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brands Hatch BSB: Byrne wins red flagged race one

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Brands Hatch BSB: Byrne wins red flagged race one

Shane Byrne extended his lead in the British Superbike Championship to 18 points after winning the opening race of the weekend at Brands Hatch. The Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider grabbed the holeshot and, despite coming extreme pressure from Alex Lowes, he was never headed and with spots of rain falling, Lowes crashed out at the end of the 15th lap which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 October 2012 17:14)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Red Flag

Have I missed something here but as the race was red flagged due to rain should'nt the results stand from 1 lap before,or 2 if it's WSB......putting alex in 2nd.?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rules

the only red flag rule im still aware of is its the rider who is in the lead a full lap before,not 1 or 2o or 3 but a full lap.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Great

race from Shane, head down and went for it, and I think he can take the title tomorrow. He'd crossed the line when it was red flagged, either way he deserves the win. It would be nice to see him do the double tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

brands hatch again

brands hatch imho is a dangerous bike track and it's always used for the final race, this new rule showdown thing is not needed, John Hopkins should have won last year, if he has tested his bike before race 1, Hill on the R1 is a class act, he says the right stuff to the camera and looks the part, Hill needs to move to WSB, he can't stay in BSB, he has to move on.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I thought the same as doctorfrank..

Has anyone from race direction explained?

To be fair, I don't think anyone has lodged a complaint.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

venturer

without sounding off with you here, a dangerous track!!!! its made historic races in the past but lets be honest racing is dangerous yes? , laguna is definitly considered more dangerous agreed?, i can see your point of you the track point of veiw there but hill won from hopper fair and square last season and went down imo as a great race weekend for any fan to watch , as far as wsbk, do you not remember hills last efforts???. bsb is a safer bet with dorna looking to ruin the series becasue gp's has lost its edge. ciao.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Wosihound

If the race had been stopped before Shakey had crossed the line, it would have gone back a lap, but it wasn't called until after he'd gone over the start finish. Tough for Alex, but that's the rules.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle