Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP introduces new pole position shoot-out for 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP introduces new pole position shoot-out for 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP introduces new pole position shoot-out for 2013

Pole position in MotoGP next season will be decided by a new 15-minute shoot-out involving 12 riders in a revamp of qualifying for 2013. The current three 45-minute practice sessions will remain on the schedule but what would previously have been the opening 30-minutes of qualifying will now be classed as FP4 and not play a role in deciding grid positions. Grid...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 October 2012 11:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

the case of the stolen spectacles.

i admire the efforts being put in to boost grid size , next year is only 5 short of this season . 4 bike rule is working excellent to boost the grid. also admire the fuel limit rule , it boosts the overall spectacle as battles disperse as riders drop out empty. so excited for next year. spec ecu will eventually be the icing on the cake as 16 bikes challenge a major all in battle at 60klms of fuel saving hell bent for leather carnage that will have blind men on the edge of there seats screaming for the end of the world. the shoot out is the perfect way to take my mind away from the empty pits. caramel asparagus is a business genius whe has me totally convinced and blindingly ecstatic.

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

also

when 1 post becomes 2 posts it becomes 1 post 2 many

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Whinge, whinge, whinge.

Still gett'n my head around it but sounds pretty good to me. The qualifying format in V8 Supercars is done in a similar way and it can be just as exciting as the race itself. You will always get people who whinge and grizzle about MotoGP like 'It's too boring, too much electronics, go back to 500's', etc,etc.  But try to go out and change anything and the real whingers come out. 

Reply to this Topic
skoop99

Jul 10

skoop99 says:

About time...

It's not quite a "Roll for pole" like they have in superbikes & even F1, but it'll make for a WAAAAY more interesting qualifying. It also means the riders will actually have to push on in FP, not just qualifying!

Reply to this Topic
gixxerdu

Oct 12

gixxerdu says:

I beleive Carmello is running scared, now Dorna has Moto GP & WSBK he will be taking the best from WSBK to improve Moto's. I agree with other comments about going back to the old 500's but in a more up to date format. Moto GP is supposed to be the Formula 1 of motorcycles, you dont see touring cars running in that format to make up the numbers. Maybe its time there was some new, younger blood in the governing bodies in stead of the old guys just trying to  be Bernie Eccleston, it wont happen.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices